American Electric Power Lineman C - A in Texarkana, Texas
Lineman C - A
* *This position is posted as a range : _Salary and title will be based on the experience and qualifications of the individual selected. **_
Perform work involved with the installation, rearrangement, maintenance, operation, removal, and inspection of electrical transmission and distribution facilities, drive and operate line trucks and associated auxiliary equipment. All job duties apply to overhead and underground equipment and facilities. The Lineman C builds upon the skills, abilities and knowledge learned as a Lineman D (or equivalent).
Assemble, install, maintain, remove and competently inspect underground facilities, conductors, fixtures, structures and other associated equipment on de-energized and grounded overhead and underground facilities under immediate or general supervision.
During the first six months in this classification, shall be capable of working on conductors and equipment energized up to 260 volts under general supervision. Assist with work on conductors and equipment energized at secondary voltages to 600 volts under immediate supervision of higher classification.
After six months in this classification, shall be capable of working on conductors and equipment energized up to 600 volts under general supervision. Use volt-amp meters, ground meggers, continuity testers and other electrical test equipment associated with line work on voltages up to 600 volts.
Apply various kinds of insulating protective equipment on facilities energized only at voltage qualified to work on.
Under direct supervision, the employee may operate cutouts, line switches, reclosers, and other sectionalizing devices, refuse line and transformer devices, test de-energized lines and equipment, and place or remove grounds. During this time frame, the employee may progress from direct supervision to immediate and finally general supervision as skill level dictates.
Build and erect equipment mountings (such as regulator and transformer platforms) and build overhead transformer installations.
Conduct proper tagging procedures while performing switching of energized circuits
Perform inspection and trouble-shooting of lines.
Perform similar or less skilled work as assigned.
Direct the work of employees assigned to assist.
Auto req ID:
*Residency Requirement:** Must live within 30 minute distance under normal driving conditions to the Texarkana Service Center.
Education: High school diploma or GED
Experience: Minimum of 1 year work experience as Lineman D or the equivalent experience as determined by the Company L
Licenses/Certifications: Valid Class A CDL is required
Additional Information: REQUIREMENTS – OTHER: These are additional expectations for the job and could include specific work experience, license / certifications, preemployment testing, expectations about travel, shift work, etc.
1) Shall have performed the duties of and have all the qualifications of Lineman D or the equivalent and shall qualify through demonstration, examination and/or performance appraisal as determined by the Company.
2) Must have the ability and desire to acquire the necessary knowledge and skills to perform the duties and/or responsibilities of the key job (Lineman A) in this family and be qualified through demonstration, examination and/or performance appraisal as determined by the Company.
3) Must acquire within such time frame as determined by the Company, the qualifications necessary to perform the duties of the next higher classification in the line of progression, or vacate the current job classification.
4) Successful completion of the Construction and Skilled Trades (CAST) selection test is required for this position. A review of Employment Testing Information, Test-Taking Tips, and the CAST Practice Test may be helpful. A link to these materials may be found at AEP.com Careers by selecting Employment testing. A physical abilities assessment is also required for this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer | Minorities/Females/Disability/Vets