NextEra Energy Assoc Permit Coordinator - FPL Home Services in Tequesta, Florida
Assoc Permit Coordinator - FPL Home Services
Date: Nov 8, 2021
Location(s): Tequesta, FL, US, 33469
Company: NextEra Energy
Requisition ID: 57485
Jupiter-Tequesta A/C, Plumbing & Electric provides plumbing and air conditioning services to customers in Broward, Palm Beach and Martin counties in Florida. It’s owned by a subsidiary of FPL Energy Services – a leader with more than 25 years of experience providing effective, comprehensive energy solutions.
Position Specific Description
Jupiter-Tequesta A/C, Plumbing & Electric doing business as FPL Home Services is looking for an Associate Permit Coordinator to join their team in Riviera Beach, FL.
We truly have the best team in the business. Apply today to be apart of it!
Employees in this role are responsible for administrative tasks associated with the timely application of permits, permit extensions, cancellations and payments in support of engineered work being released to construction. This position ensures timely receipt of permit approval by permit entities and uses available reports and systems to track progress and manage work flow. Employees in this job may also need to perform some administrative tasks associated with invoicing CIAC, ordering and paying for office and break room supplies, contract services, purchase orders, etc. The position requires a full understanding of permit requirements, and permit drawing requirements for a variety of permit entities i.e. municipal, county, state, FAA, water management, etc.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
Under direct supervision:
• Serves as a subject matter expert for permit requestors (designers) and provides feedback as required
• Verifies permit drawings prior to application to ensure accuracy
• Builds productive working relationships with internal departments (CEA, CSFO, CMC, Operations, Regulatory) impacted by permitting, and coordinates and communicates with agencies as needed on permit-related issues and requirements
• Reviews permit drawings and permit requirements for specific work requests prior to application
• Completes permit applications, obtains approvals and applies as required via mail, on-line or in person
• Coordinates the resolution of permit-related issues
• Provides guidance, feedback and training to designers and advises of any permit drawing changes requested
• Tracks progress and updates permit information in the work management system
• Follows up with external entities on permit approval status
• Ability to meet attendance and storm duty requirements
• Ability to work extended hours
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• High School Grad / GED
• Experience:0+ years
• Associate's Degree
Employee Group: Non Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Technicians
Organization: Jupiter-Tequesta, LLC.
Relocation Provided: No
Where permitted by applicable law, NextEra Energy requires all employees and new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination on or before the first day of employment.
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
NextEra Energy provides reasonable accommodation in its application and selection process for qualified individuals, including accommodations related to compliance with conditional job offer requirements, consistent with federal, state, and local laws. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable and permitted by applicable law. To request a reasonable accommodation, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies . Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs