Tennessee Valley Authority Consultant, Business Technology Senior - 514164 in Tennessee
Consultant, Business Technology Senior - 514164
Job ID:514164Location:, TNRegular/Temporary:
Consultant, Business Technology Senior - 514164
Organization: Chief Operating Officer
Department: Corporate Facilities West
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Relocation: Relocation benefits are not offered for this position
Posting Open: 1/25/2023
Posting Close: 2/6/2023 at 11:59 PM EST
Experience in Maximo, Sharepoint, Power BI, Microsoft Power platform, data analysis, Cognos, Maximo, Tririga preferred
This is a strategic role that works with leadership across TVA Strategic Business Units (SBUs). This position is responsible for building and maintaining strategic partnerships between Supply Chain and Information Technology (IT) and other TVA SBUs. The position is responsible for anticipating and analyzing the expectations and challenges of the business to achieve lower costs, maximum value, competitive advantage, and improve customer satisfaction through the appropriate use of technology and data analysis. The Senior Business Consultant leads and manages all aspects of major technology and analytics projects
Supervisory Responsibility — May lead cross functional teams or manage complex projects to meet business objectives.
• Understands and articulates the mission, vision, goals, strategic and tactical initiatives. Works with leadership to translate the business capability needs and requirements into comprehensive integrated technology and/or analytical strategy and roadmap.
• Critically understands operations and systems to improve effectiveness and efficiency. Evaluates business problems and operational procedures to identify potential enhancements to meet business requirements. Translates business needs into functional requirements by providing adequate business case including benefits and return on investment (ROI) for proposed technology and/or analytics programs and projects
• Directs and manages the planning, design, implementation, and monitoring of major technology and/or analytics projects. Defines project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management.
• Conducts benchmarking to identify areas with significant gaps or opportunities for improvement. Strategic and forward focused individual with strong internal drive with ability to deliver.
• Communicates technology and/or analytics needs to ensure that priorities are established, prioritized, and driven to maximize value of technology investments.
• Works with IT software developers and end users to ensure technical compatibility and end user satisfaction.
• Develops testing plans and tests and reviews new and modified systems to ensure all programs and systems meet requestors business requirements, standards and guidelines, and efficiency requirements.
• Develops processes and business practices to improve efficiency and ensure compliance with agency and regulatory guidance
• Key contributor in problem solving, reducing “non-value adding” activities, change management, development of training documentation, and conducting training classes on technology.
• Creates executive level & technical presentations
• Supports development & implementation of new business opportunities
• Develops strategic plans & asses company performance
• Conducts research & data analysis to inform business decisions
Education–Bachelors degree in business administration, supply chain, IT, Finance or equivalent work experience; Advanced degree preferred.
Experience– Eight or more years in project management and systems development or business consulting related work experience including all aspects of plan, analytics, development, supporting processes, execution, and closure.
Certification/License, etc— Professional Project Management or Business Analyst/Consulting certification preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities— Demonstrated managerial competencies such as leadership, planning/organizing, analysis, judgment, flexibility, interpersonal sensitivity, and negotiation skills. Ability to effectively develop and maintain relationships with a diverse group of individuals; proven ability to design and implement programs. Ability to influence and affect change at all levels. Knowledge of utility and Supply Chain is required. Candidate may be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance based on position / access requirements and essential job functions.
Equal Employment Opportunity
TVA values and embraces diversity. We encourage all individuals to apply regardless of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, sex, abilities/disabilities, sexual orientation, religion, veteran status and age. We strive to be inclusive of all the people we serve across the Valley.
TVA is an Equal Opportunity employer and complies with all applicable laws and regulations regarding equal employment opportunities. Any applicant or employee who believes s/he has a discrimination claim (including harassment or retaliation) must contact TVA’s Equal Opportunity Compliance office within 45 calendar days of the event or action s/he believes to constitute discrimination, harassment, or retaliation.
All TVA Non-Nuclear employees are covered by TVA's Federal Drug-Free Workplace Program Plan, in accordance with Executive Order 12564, Public Law 100-71 and the Mandatory Guidelines for Federal Workplace Drug Testing. Information regarding the Drug Free Workplace Program can be found at www.samhsa.gov/workplace . TVA Non-Nuclear employees in Testing Designated Positions, including those performing safety-sensitive duties are also subject to random drug testing. TVA Nuclear employees are subject to random alcohol and drug tests in accordance with 10 CFR Part 26 as mandated by the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC).