City of Tacoma WA TVE Sales & Marketing Coordinator in Tacoma, Washington
The Tacoma Venues & Events Department (TVE) is seeking to hire a full-time employee responsible for generating revenue and supporting the sales efforts of the TVE Marketing Manager, Business Development Manager and Booking Manager. Revenues are generated through solicitation and booking of event business, group and general ticket sales, sales and fulfillment of sponsorships, and event awareness. Strong written, oral and social media communications, project management, ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients, excellent organizational skills and personal initiative are required traits for the successful candidate. This position will require attendance at a variety of events and functions with some out of office travel, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
Essential duties of this position are to:
- Research, solicit and book event business, primarily for the Tacoma Dome. Liaison with event promoters, clients and public to facilitate event bookings, market events and inform the public.
- Under the guidance of the Marketing Manager, act as liaison to clients to publicize events and support sales initiatives at the Convention Center.
- Develop and execute digital marketing campaigns including social media, database management and websites.
- Coordinate public relations opportunities including writing and distribution of media releases, community outreach and acting as media liaison at events.
- Under the guidance of the Business Development Manager, assist in prospecting and execution for groups and premium seating for identified events.
- Assist with prospecting new corporate partnerships, creating proposals and executing sponsorships and promotions.
- Complete graphic design projects, grassroots promotions and advertising.
- Work closely with all TVE operations, service and support divisions and staff.
- Participate in sales and marketing, operational, and staff meetings and projects.
The Community Tacoma is a mid-sized urban port city that sits along the Puget Sound with a population of nearly 210,000. The third largest city in the state of Washington, it is a diverse, progressive international gateway to the Pacific Rim.
Propelled by significant development such as the University of Washington Tacoma, the Tacoma Link light rail system, the restored urban waterfront of the Thea Foss Waterway, the expansions of both the MultiCare and Franciscan health systems, and a significant influx of foreign direct investment in its downtown core, Tacoma has evolved considerably since the 1990s.
Tacoma boasts the state's highest density of art and history museums, and is home to a flourishing creative community of writers, artists, musicians, photographers, filmmakers, chefs, entrepreneurs, and small business owners who each add their unique flair to the city's vibrant commercial landscape. The iconic Tacoma Dome has endured as a high-demand venue for some of the largest names in the entertainment industry.
Tacoma's natural beauty and proximity to the Puget Sound and Mount Rainier draws hikers, runners, bicyclists, and maritime enthusiasts to the area. Its prime location – just south of the Seattle-Tacoma International Airport, north of the state capital in Olympia, and within 10 miles of the U.S. Department of Defense's premier military installation Joint Base Lewis McChord – adds to Tacoma's desirability. To see a few of the great things Tacoma has to offer, view this YouTube Video!
Benefits The City of Tacoma offers a generous program of employee benefits including:
- Great retirement plan
- Paid holidays
- Personal time off
- Outstanding working conditions and a supportive work environment
- Medical, dental and life insurance coverage for eligible employees
- Deferred compensation allowing tax-deferred savings as authorized under Section 457 of the IRS Code
City of Tacoma Recruitment As a part of Tacoma's 2025 Citywide Vision and Strategic Plan, the City has embraced the goal of the City of Tacoma workforce reflecting the community it serves. The City actively works to eliminate racial and other disparities and welcome candidates with diverse backgrounds and/or multicultural skill sets and experiences. Our goal is for Tacoma to be an inclusive and equitable place to live, work, and play.
EDUCATION: Degree from an accredited four year college/university with major coursework in Communications, Business, Business Administration, Hospitality, music industry, sports/venue management, radio/TV broadcasting or closely related field. Internship or experience with concert or event promotion and management.
SUBSTITUTION: Additional qualifying experience may be substituted for the education.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Three years of experience in sales and marketing for a multi-use venue.
Selection Process & Supplemental Information
Interested individuals should apply online and attach a detailed resume and cover letter describing your responsibilities as it relates to the responsibilities of this position. NOTE: Applications received without attaching the required resume and cover letter will not progress in the selection process.
Applicants who have the strongest backgrounds related to the responsibilities of this position may be invited to participate in the interview process which may include a work problem. Appointment is subject to passing a background check.
Communication from the City of Tacoma: We primarily communicate via email during the application process. Emails from cityoftacoma.org and/or governmentjobs.com must be placed on your safe domain list to ensure that you receive notifications in a timely manner. As a precaution, you may also want to check your junk email folders.
The online application system requires you to enter a substantial amount of information. Be prepared to spend at least an hour entering information. In order for your application materials to be considered, all information must be submitted by the closing date and time listed on this job announcement.
Salary: $24.08 - $30.87 Hourly
Location: Tacoma, WA
Job Type: Non-Classified
Department: Tacoma Venues and Events
Job Number: 1215-18
Division: Tacoma Venues and Events
Closing: 7/16/2018 5:00 PM Pacific
Agency: City of Tacoma
Address: Human Resources Department 747 Market Street Tacoma, Washington, 98402-3764