City of Tacoma WA Rates and Financial Planning Manager in Tacoma, Washington
Tacoma Power's Rates, Planning, and Analysis (RPA) team is looking for a Rates and Financial Planning Manager to lead and direct Tacoma Power's Rates and Financial Planning functions. You will manage an exceptional team of power analysts and utilities economists.
We are seeking a leader who is focused on employee success and professional development. This is a cornerstone of our RPA team culture.
Tacoma Power is an almost 100% hydroelectric, municipally-owned public power utility, located in Tacoma. We serve approximately 170,000 customers as one of the three operating divisions of Tacoma Public Utilities, alongside Tacoma Water and Tacoma Rail. As one of the most livable, walkable cities in the country, you'll find that Tacoma is a great fit for all interests with places to bike, run, hike, and explore, the perks of a big city, and the charm of a small town.
"Community Value First" is Tacoma Power's strategic principle. We consider our decisions and prioritize resources and programs based on the impact to our customers and community.
Tacoma Power's RPA team is led by Bill Berry. RPA focuses on serving the operational sections of Tacoma Power through performance measures, innovative practices, and tools. At all times, we're working to sustain Tacoma Power's financial strength by enabling integrated and informed decision-making.
As the Rates and Financial Planning Manager, you will oversee the cost of service and rate design recommendations for Tacoma Power's retail rates and pricing, producing system area loads and sales projections. You will also handle financial modeling and planning to ensure the long-range health of Tacoma Power. The position plays a leadership role in the financial activities of Tacoma Power, such as Tacoma Power's bond issuance, communication with credit rating agencies and financial firms, and financial reporting for senior management. You will oversee analytical support services to make recommendations on a variety of budget and financial issues, policies, goals and objectives.
- Financial planning and modeling includes detailed input and scenario projection capability for all revenue and expense line items including retail revenue, wholesale sales revenues, telecom revenues, BPA expense, other purchased power, O&M;, personnel and capital spending;
- Oversee structuring and issuance of Tacoma Power Bonds, including financial analysis, underwriter selection, development of the official statement and other financing documents, rating agency presentations and communications, as well as Board and Council presentations;
- Manage, develop and evaluate Tacoma Power's rates and pricing strategies including coordinating the public rate case process. This effort also involves participation in public outreach efforts. Direct and coordinate requests for retail rate and pricing related analysis and information;
- Direct and coordinate the efforts of professional economists and power analysts to ensure timely, high quality work products are produced from the Rates and Financial Planning Group for internal and external clients;
- Oversee short and long range load forecast studies and produce system area loads and sales projections;
- Coordinate and provide economic and financial analysis assistance for senior management and other internal and external clients on a varying array of electric utility topics;
- Hire, supervise, evaluate and develop staff; maintain a supportive, positive, challenging and productive work environment.
City of Tacoma Recruitment One of the primary goals of the Equity and Empowerment Initiative is for the City of Tacoma workforce to reflect the community it serves. We actively work to eliminate racial and other disparities and welcome candidates with diverse backgrounds and/or multicultural skill sets and experiences. Our goal is for Tacoma to be an inclusive and equitable place to live, work, and play. Qualifications
- 10+ years in financial analysis, ratemaking, and pricing for an electric utility;
- 5+ years leading and directing the rates and financial planning activities of an electric utility;
- 5+ years leading, directing and developing staff;
- Bachelor's degree in business management, finance, statistical field or related field, Master's Degree preferred.
Selection Process & Supplemental Information
Interested individuals should apply online and attach a detailed resume and cover letter describing your responsibilities as it relates to the responsibilities of this position.
If you have any questions about this position please contact Rodney Croston at email@example.com.
Salary: $142,396.80 - $182,582.39 Annually
Location: Tacoma, WA
Job Type: Non-Classified
Job Number: 0817-18A
Agency: City of Tacoma
Address: Human Resources Department 747 Market Street Tacoma, Washington, 98402-3764