City of Tacoma WA Knowledge Management Administrator in Tacoma, Washington
Do you find personal satisfaction from building something from the ground up that will bring real value to our organization well into the future? Are you the type who enjoys solving complex puzzles? Do you like the idea of being a part of a team focused on your personal success and professional growth, as well as of those we serve? If any of this resonates with you, this job and Tacoma Water might be the place for you.
The Knowledge Management Administrator is a key role within Tacoma Water. This role will be responsible for strategic development, and day-to-day management, of the Knowledge Management system and processes for the organization. The Knowledge Management Administrator will establish innovative methods of knowledge collection and dissemination to internal staff.
Our Asset and Information Management team is developing an organization-wide Knowledge Management program across all of Tacoma Water.
In this role you will be joining a team that is truly focused on your success and professional development. This is a cornerstone of our team culture. With the program in the early stages of development, the potential for career advancement opportunities in this role are substantial and exciting.
Tacoma Waterhas a proud tradition of operating and maintaining one of the country's oldest municipally owned water systems. We own and operate over $1 billion of assets that provide high-quality water to more than 320,000 direct service customers throughout Pierce and King counties. Our mission is to provide clean, reliable water now and in the future.
Asset and Information Management Section is led by Heather Pennington, Deputy Water Superintendent.
The Information Management team is led by Mike Gray, Assistant Division Manager.
You will interact with staff from all levels of our organization, from executive leaders to our project team members. You will play a vital role in the development of systems, processes, and tools that will ultimately help support knowledge management across all of Tacoma Water.
- Provide direction regarding Knowledge retention and transition planning to ensure improved communications.
- Monitor and maintain an effective change control process to ensure all content is relevant and compliant to policy, procedures and standards.
- Review Reference Guides and process documents as new materials are developed.
- Design and deploys tools, workflows, job aides to support new or existing practices and procedures to ensure consistency in appearance and content.
- Identify appropriate delivery methodologies based on audience learning styles, nature of content to be delivered within the context of business needs and constraints.
- Explore new methods for delivering content in relevant ways to include text, video, and other emerging options.
- Seek feedback to ensure materials are developed as required and to identify improvement opportunities.
THE COMMUNITY** Tacoma is a mid-sized urban port city that sits along the Puget Sound with a population of nearly 210,000. The third largest city in the state of Washington, it is a diverse, progressive international gateway to the Pacific Rim.
Tacoma boasts the state's highest density of art and history museums, and is home to a flourishing creative community of writers, artists, musicians, photographers, filmmakers, chefs, entrepreneurs, and small business owners who each add their unique flair to the city's vibrant commercial landscape. The iconic Tacoma Dome has endured as a high-demand venue for some of the largest names in the entertainment industry.
A magnet for families looking for affordable housing options in the Puget Sound area, Tacoma also draws those who prefer to live in a more urban downtown setting with competitively priced condos and apartments that feature panoramic mountain and water views.
Tacoma's natural beauty and proximity to the Puget Sound and Mount Rainier draws hikers, runners, bicyclists, and maritime enthusiasts to the area. Its lively social scene is infused with energy by thousands of students attending the University of Washington Tacoma, the University of Puget Sound, the Evergreen State College Tacoma campus, and Tacoma Community College, as well as a number of local trade and technical colleges. Its prime location – just 20 minutes south of the Seattle-Tacoma International Airport, 30 miles north of the state capital in Olympia, and within 10 miles of the U.S. Department of Defense's premier military installation on the West Coast – only adds to Tacoma's desirability. To see a few of the great things Tacoma has to offer, view this YouTube Video!
City of Tacoma Recruitment Information:
One of the primary goals of the City of Tacoma Equity and Empowerment Initiative is that the City of Tacoma workforce reflects the community it serves. We actively work to eliminate racial and other disparities and we welcome candidates with diverse and/or multicultural skill sets and personal experiences. Our goal is for Tacoma to be an inclusive and equitable place to live, work, and play. Qualifications
- Knowledge Management skills and behaviors normally acquired through a related bachelor's degree (or equivalent) experience and 5 or more years related work experience;
- Advanced analytical/problem solving and research skills;
- Proven experience in collaborating and working closely with counterparts and customers by providing timely and regular communication, enhanced knowledge management, and training opportunities for all staff;
- Experience as an Administrator of a SharePoint Document Management system required;
- Effective communication skills for delivering content feedback, writing reports/proposals and making presentations;
- Ability to work independently and lead others during projects. Selection Process & Supplemental Information
Interested individuals should apply online and attach a detailed resume and cover letter describing your responsibilities as it relates to the responsibilities of this position.
Applications received without the required resume and cover letter will not progress in the selection process.
*Communication from the City of Tacoma: * We primarily communicate via e-mail during the application process. E-mails from cityoftacoma.org and/or neogov.com must be placed on your safe domain list to ensure that you receive notifications in a timely manner. As a precaution, you may also want to check your junk e-mail folders.
Should you have any questions about this position please call Human Resources at (253) 591-5400 before 5pm on the closing date.
Salary: $84,614.40 - $108,472.00 Annually
Location: Tacoma, WA
Job Type: Non-Classified
Job Number: 1135-18F
Closing: 4/27/2018 5:00 PM Pacific
Agency: City of Tacoma
Address: Human Resources Department 747 Market Street Tacoma, Washington, 98402-3764