City of Tacoma WA ABAP Senior Developer, Information Technology Analyst, Senior Technical in Tacoma, Washington
The City of Tacoma's Information Technology Department is seeking a highly motivated and skilled Senior ABAP Developer.
The City of Tacoma is nestled along the shores of Commencement Bay in Washington State and offers many community parks, miles of beautiful waterfront, hiking & biking trails, golf courses, museums, and a world-class zoo with an aquarium. Tacoma also serves as a gateway to some of the most magnificent natural wonders in the world, such as Puget Sound, Mount Rainier National Park and the Olympic Peninsula.
The Tacoma area is also fortunate to have a much more affordable cost of living compared to the Seattle areas to the north; and the City of Tacoma offers a very generous program of employee benefits, which includes a great pension plan that can continue to provide income during retirement.
The City of Tacoma's Information Technology Department has a fantastic opportunity with a great work-life balance, short commute times, professional development and opportunities for advancement for someone interested in becoming a new member of their SAP ABAP Team.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Strong experience with SAP programming in ABAP.
- Should possess analytical and debugging skills.
- Good organization and communication skills.
- Able to document technical solutions.
- Flexible, adaptable and work well in team environment.
The City of Tacoma also has a very generous benefit package with one of the best pension packages in the market. These generous employee benefits include:
- Medical coverage for eligible employees, spouses and dependents, including children up to age 26.
- Vision care with VSP for employees and eligible dependents enrolled in the Regence PPO medical plan with vision benefits.
- Dental coverage for eligible employees and their elected dependents, including dependent children up to the age of 26.
- Deferred compensation allowing tax-deferred savings as authorized under Section 457 of the IRS Code.
- Generous amount of paid holidays and personal time off.
- Flexible work schedules and telecommuting (upon successful completion of probation).
- A phenomenal pension plan that prepares you for retirement.
For more information on the City of Tacoma's benefit package feel free to explore the City of Tacoma Benefits page.
City of Tacoma Recruitment The City of Tacoma wants to employ a workforce that reflects the community we serve. We actively work to eliminate racial and other disparities and we welcome candidates with diverse and/or multicultural skill sets and personal experiences. Our goal is for Tacoma to be an inclusive and equitable place to live, work, and play Qualifications
- Equivalent combination to: Bachelor degree in computer science or related field and five or more years of directly related information technology work experience.
- Experience with SAP archiving is a plus.
Selection Process & Supplemental Information
If you meet the position qualifications, please apply online at www.cityoftacoma.org/jobs and attach a detailed resume and cover letter as it relates to this position.
Appointment is subject to passing a background check. This classification is covered by a Labor Agreement between the City of Tacoma and Local 120. Appointment is subject to passing a background check.
Communication from the City of Tacoma: We primarily communicate via e-mail during the application process. E-mails from cityoftacoma.org and/or governmentjobs.com must be placed on your safe domain list to ensure that you receive notifications in a timely manner. As a precaution, you may also want to check your junk e-mail folders.
The online application system requires you to enter a substantial amount of information. Be prepared to spend an hour or more entering the required information. In order for your application materials to be considered, all information must be submitted before the closing date and time listed on this job announcement.
If you are experiencing technical complications while applying in the NEOGOV system, immediately contact an applicant technical support representative at 1-855-524-5627
For assistance with the NEOGOV application process, questions regarding this job announcement, or if you are experiencing complications while applying, please contact the Human Resources office at (253) 591.5400 by 4:00 pm of the closing date of the job announcement. This will allow us to assist you before the job announcement closes.
Salary: $34.77 - $53.93 Hourly
Location: Tacoma, WA
Job Type: Classified
Department: Information Technology
Job Number: 0152-18F
Division: Information Technology
Closing: 9/28/2018 5:00 PM Pacific
Agency: City of Tacoma
Address: Human Resources Department 747 Market Street Tacoma, Washington, 98402-3764