National Grid Sr. Supervisor - Transmission Line Inspection and Maintenance in Syracuse, New York
_About the Position:_
· Toincrease overall transmission system reliability by providing contractor oversight of all Inspection and Maintenance activities as identified by Transmission Asset Management work plans. Primary activities include coordination and contractor crew supervision of structure tower painting, structure footer inspection and repair, wood pole inspection and treatment, helicopter visual/ infrared/ comprehensive line inspections (emergency and routine patrols), ROW maintenance and other transmission line maintenance activities.
· Assure that the highest standards of safety, quality and environmental compliance for all work locations are met, maintained and documented.**
· Coordinate all post fault helicopter patrol activities for trip/recloses and Lockouts on an emergency basis including weekend call out as well as emergency storm events.**
· Work with our internal safety partners to ensure that contractor Health & Safety Plans (HASP) and Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) documents are pertinent to the project, current, and adhered to.
· Plan and Coordinate the daily work activities of contractors for transmission maintenance programs and projects.**
· Where required, plan and submit timely transmission line outage applications (TOA’s) and serve as the authorized clearance person.**
· Monitor program and project progress, document contractor or company crew activities and prepare monthly reports including unit tracking and financial budgetary projections.**
· Provide the interface between field functions and all service partners. Review engineering drawings, technical specifications, survey site locations for inspection & access considerations, and attend project meetings.**
· Participate in and lead incident analysis (IA) teams as required.**
· Assure compliance to all federal, state, local and company safety and environmental guidelines, laws and regulations.**
· Provide quality assurance that work is performed in accordance with all specifications, company standards & Electric Operating Procedures (EOP’s), and contract documents.**
· Challenge efficiency, performance and value for National Grid while verifying the accuracy of contractor invoicing and project deliverable data.**
· Develop and recommend alternate designs, materials, methods and techniques with the view to constantly improving technologies and deliverables to our internal clients. **
· Prepare and present periodic oral or electronic written reports regarding work assignments and inspection maintenance progress.**
· Ensure highest standards of professionalism are maintained when interacting with internal and external customers.**
· Assist where required, with the interfacing and reporting requirements to all regulatory bodies.
·Other duties as assigned
_Knowledge & Experience Required:_
· Two year degree in electrical engineering, construction management, or equivalent related work experience.
· Five years transmission or T&D line construction & maintenance supervisory experience, or ten years transmission or T&D field construction experience.
· Familiarity with various Hot Stick/ live line construction techniques.
· Thorough understanding of electrical principles and hazards associated with electrical T&D work.
· Ability to read and interpret construction prints, electrical one line drawing’s and other pertinent documents.
· Strong Knowledge of federal, state, local, OSHA, and company safety and environmental regulations.
· Successful candidates will be required as needed to travel and work throughout the service territory for extended periods of time (overnight stays, extended hours and weekends as needed) in support of emergency situations.
· Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to establish relationships at all levels, both internal and external to the company.
· Valid driver’s license is required, minimum Class D, CDL Class A preferred.
· Authorized and qualified “Clearance and Control” certification or have the ability to become qualified within three months of hire.
· Possess current certification for “Flying in the Wires & Obstruction Environment” or ability to obtain within 3 months
· Solid computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access).
· Excellent analytical skills.
· Strong oral and written communication skills
- Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record.
Reporting to: Manager of Transmission Maintenance
Employees: Group Accountability - Contractors – 25 to 50
O&M Expense: Budget Accountability - $9M
This position is one of National Grid’s career path roles which provide for promotional opportunities within and across salary bands as you develop and evolve in the position by gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills.
/National Grid is an equal opportunity employer thatvaluesa broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture ofinclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to bean affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team./
Job: *Project Management and Complex Construction
Organization: *Maint & Construction
Title: Sr. Supervisor - Transmission Line Inspection and Maintenance
Requisition ID: 20181873
Other Locations: NY-Buffalo