National Grid Senior Service Delivery Specialist, IT Service Operations in Syracuse, New York
National Grid is hiring a Senior Service Delivery Specialist, IT Operations for our Infrastructure and Operations department in Syracuse, NY
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of the Utility industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our Electric Business Unit (EBU), reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow while continuing our vision of being at the heart of a clean, fair and affordable energy future. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
As a member of the US Business Applications and Services team, you will:
• Contribute towards improving and optimizing Service Operations within an assigned portfolio of applications or services.
• Work closely with partners, business, internal groups and all other stakeholders to ensure sustainable service operations aligned with IS goals and objectives.
• Drive continuous service improvement internally as well as with eco-system partners.
• Instrumental in the identification and implementation of improvement opportunities (both process and technical) from risk registers, individual observations/analysis, customer feedback, supplier performance reports and output of incident/problem management processes.
The role will be responsible for a variety of tasks that might change from time to time based on National Grid business and IT priorities. You will work under direction and other times expected to operate autonomously. Typical tasks will include:
• Drive Continuous Service Improvement from both a technical and process perspective working closely with Service Owners, eco-system partners and other stakeholders from the business or peer IT functions
• Oversee changes impacting services within the assigned portfolio of applications, working closely with IT change Management team and other stakeholders
• Actively drive the reduction in service impacting disruptions and outages. Work towards improving and sustaining the availability of application services as per defined service level agreements.
• Provide architectural oversight and guidance for minor and major changes to operational systems
• Oversee Problem Management, ensure accurate root-cause analysis is performed, effective corrective actions are identified and completed by the eco-system partners
• Identify technical, process related and architectural risks, corresponding mitigation and contingency measures and follow through to closure or acceptance
• Provide support to other individuals/groups within IT on various reporting and communications
• Act as a functional liaison between the business and IT or eco-system partners
• Actively participate in periodic service reviews with eco-system partners and provide critical inputs towards achieving service excellence
• Interact directly with Senior Service Delivery Managers, Customer Service Managers, IS eco-system partners, Business Partners and other senior managers within the business.
Supervisory/Interpersonal- Experience Required
Good interpersonal skills with demonstrable ability to communicate at all levels and influence colleagues.
Effective and sensitive communicator with people from different societies and cultures.
• A BS/BA college degree or higher in a technical discipline, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• In depth knowledge of ITIL aligned Service Management principles and processes. ITIL V3 certification is preferred but not mandatory.
• 8+ years of experience in IT Service Operations position within complex IS organizations of comparable size as at National Grid
• 5+ years of experience in application support and maintenance of complex IT platforms and services.
• Preferred but not mandatory if the candidate has experience with call center technologies such as the services and infrastructure listed below:
• Automatic Call Distribution system (ACD)
• Interactive Voice Response (IVR)
• Computer Telephony Integration (CTI)
• Call Center Workforce Management (WFM)
• Call Recording/ Quality Monitoring
• Outbound dialer
• Voice Mail
• Agent Desktop
• Preferred but not mandatory if the candidate has experience with Utilities Customer Information Systems
• Significant understanding of Mainframe, Windows and Unix based environments, web servers and databases
• Broad knowledge of a variety of technologies to the point of being able to reasonably direct and/or challenge solutions/proposals from others.
• Review and modification of technical documentation (including but not limited to Logical, Conceptual and Detailed Design documents)
• Experience of working in a multi-vendor environment with global teams.
• Advanced interpersonal skills with demonstrable ability to build rapport and to articulate complex technical solutions in business terms.
• Conveys confidence and professionalism, positively influencing and persuading others to take a specific course of action when there is no direct line of command or control.
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Internal candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.