National Grid Senior Architect, Application in Syracuse, New York
* National Grid is hiring for a Solution Architect * * for our Solution Delivery department in Syracuse, NY. *
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
The Senior Solution Architect is accountable to design business solutions in response to specific business needs that are fit for purpose, compliant and adhere to all National Grid operational, architectural and design standards and principles. Ensure the integrity of solution designs from concept through implementation, balancing the architectural concerns of projects with concerns of the enterprise. Ensure consideration of all design alternatives and provide technical guidance to wider project team and business stakeholders.
• Identify, Own and Support the Delivery of technical solutions for assigned project
• Provide all design related services, at the blueprinting level under the direction of a Lead Domain/Enterprise Architect, Project Manager.
• Market Analysis of the Solution Options
• Target State Solution view, Capabilities and Services View
• Options Analysis & Solution Recommendations including technology and deployment options & Interface needs
• Ensure the integrity of solution designs through detail design, build and implementation.
• Provide thought leadership on innovative technical solutions to business stakeholders.
• Identify options that maximize reuse and minimize overheads to operating budgets.
• Ensure that solutions conform to the National Grid Enterprise Architecture.
• Ensure solutions are compliant to National Grid’s policies.
• Furthering and promote the Strategic vision of Enterprise and Domain Architecture.
• Knowledge of various deployment and hosting environments and platforms (On Premise, Cloud, SaaS/PaaS/IaaS, MS Azure, and AWS)
• Knowledge of Enterprise Middleware and Integration techniques.
• Knowledge of basic Security concepts and design practices
• Knowledge and experience designing High Availability and Disaster recovery aspects of the solutions
• Knowledge of the Data Management and Reporting techniques
• Knowledge and experience in designing and implementing mobile solutions
• Obtain all required approvals.
• Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Supervisory/Interpersonal- Experience Required
• Educated to degree level in Computer Science or related discipline or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
• Experience applying standard architectures and patterns within solution designs.
• 5-7 years of Experience developing Solution Architectures.
• Knowledge of business analysis techniques, tools and requirements gathering.
• Knowledge of basic networking concepts and design practices including; HTTP/S, TCP/IP, load balancers, firewalls, proxies.
• Knowledge of various hosting environments and platforms (DC on Prem, Cloud, Azure, IaaS/PaaS, AWS)
• Knowledge of integration techniques.
• Minimum of 5 years solution design experience at an enterprise level.
• Good written and verbal communications skills.
• Good stakeholder management and influencing skills at project stakeholder level.
• Ability to multi-task.
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Internal candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
_ National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team. _