National Grid Marketer, Commercial Marketing & Communications in Syracuse, New York
National Grid is hiring a Marketer for our Commercial Marketing & Communications department in Syracuse, NY.
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to
shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
Join the Marketing team that supports communication and marketing efforts for the 20M customers we serve across Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and New York. We are seeking a passionate, result oriented Marketer to join our team as a key influencer over the commercial customer experience and customer and stakeholder perception of National Grid. The Marketer will be responsible for implementation and execution of marketing and communication plans, , that will deliver on best in class customer experience by driving consistency in messaging tone, style and approach across various communication channels and response scenarios. This role not only ensures that customers are well informed, but that those who inform customers also have the level of information required to respond.
Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
• Lead development and creative execution for assigned commercial communications initiatives.
• Works with the appropriate teams to clearly identify what each campaign or initiative is meant to achieve and what metrics should be tracked and reported on.
• Execute on existing marketing and communication plans for customers and front-line contact center staff.
• Maintains knowledge of Marketing and Branding requirements to ensure consistency of look and feel as well as tone of voice across communications.
• Has the ability to analyze and make recommendations on the overall commercial customer experience including identifying opportunities for combined messaging or strategic recommendations on timing of campaigns.
• Has a clear understanding of the commercial customer segment and the ability to determine the best tactics for communication to each segment.
• Excellent communication skills, and the ability to thoughtfully edit content and grammar.
• Ensures consistency and continuous improvement of all messages and processes and uses feedback and data to help drive decision making.
• Ensures customer communication materials are appropriately organized and archived for future reference and use.
• Is comfortable working with partner creative agencies or in-house design teams to execute on campaign vision and goals.
• Challenges existing ways of working and continuously seek ways to do things better in order to drive an enhanced customer communications experience and greater efficiencies.
• A Bachelor's degree with a minimum 2 years equivalent job-related experience in business, Marketing, project management, or communications.
• Excellent project management, organizational skills with critical attention to detail.
• Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, with previous experience in customer communications a plus.
• Ability to influence at leadership levels of the organization to facilitate managing to deadlines and maintaining line of sight to critical output.
• Must have the ability to multi-task, work in fast paced, high pressure environment and maintain professionalism and stay on top of critical details.
• Advanced skills in relevant software e.g. Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) and ability to quickly adapt and learning new systems.
• Ability to work independently as well as an effective team member across multiple departments.
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Internal candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities,
women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.