National Grid Coordinator , Event Marketing in Syracuse, New York
_About The Position:_
TheEvent MarketingGroup is responsible for the strategy and implementation of events and sponsorships, providing effective outreach and education to all customers and stakeholders of National Grid. The Coordinator, Event Marketing role will support all National Grid events across Upstate New York.
· Support event marketing activities which focus on energy efficiency, new energy solutions, electric and gas safety, natural gas growth and brand awareness
· Understand and achieve goals for each event
· Extensive travel across Upstate New York (from Albany to Buffalo) to represent company at off-site events to educate, inform and increase satisfaction among existing and potentially new customers. Events regularly occur outside of normal business hours
· Liaise regularly with New York and FERC (Federal Energy Regulatory Commission) jurisdiction teams
· Follow all event planning processes; adhere to strict record-keeping and track event data and results.
· Promote events and successes on social media and other marketing channels
· Liaise with external event planning agencies and collateral and fulfillment vendors
· Complete safe driver training and help deploy community assistance Sprinter/Ford Transit vans into communities we serve
· Ensure event marketing is a center of excellence which interfaces cross functionally, driving and delivering results
· Maintain online event calendar - learn and operate Cvent Strategic Event Management Software
· Process event expenses and track against budget using SAP and InDemand systems
· Manage company events mobile app using Double Dutch platform
· Manage regional major league sports sponsorships (i.e. Buffalo Bills, Buffalo Sabers, Syracuse University, etc.
· Special projects as assigned
_Knowledge & Experience Requirements:_
Bachelor’s degree required, (in Marketing or a related area) and 3-5 years of related work experience
Experience in fact finding including knowledge and understanding of where to find/present relevant information
Ability to work in a fast-paced highly-matrixed environment, with schedule that might include working outside of normal business hours
Proficient in relevant software e.g. Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint). Experience with Cvent, Double Dutch preferred.
Working knowledge of the energy industry
Experience promoting events on available marketing channels including social media
Knowledge of relevant industry practice and legislation. Preferred knowledge of current trends within the industry and developments in legislation or regulation
Understanding of basic budgeting, reporting, financial statements
Valid driver’s license, with a safe driving history required
Ability to transport event materials to include boxes, collateral etc. up to 50 lbs.
This position is one of National Grid’s career path roles which provide for promotional opportunities within and across salary bands as you develop and evolve in the position by gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills.
/National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team./
Job: *Customer Group
Organization: *Marketing & Cust Experience
Title: Coordinator , Event Marketing
Requisition ID: 20180493
Other Locations: NY-Buffalo, NY-Albany