NextEra Energy Plant Accounting Leader in Story City, Iowa
Plant Accounting Leader
Date:Nov 18, 2018
Primary Location:Story City, IA, US, 50248
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 26321
is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description NextEra Energy is looking for a commercial leader in the Power Generation Division team to lead cost accounting, reporting and strategic initiatives for its maintenance services team.
- Supervise and manage on-site transactional accounting, ensuring proper controls and documentation to ensure timely entry and proper costing.
- Oversee cost accounting for multiple work centers including overhead analyses, multi-year forecasting and support site level requests from Corporate Office
- Lead the data and reporting architecture strategy for the business. Develop new reporting and analyses as business needs dictate. Support other business units in development of new reporting strategies to simplify decision-making.
- Have responsibility for P&L forecast updates on a monthly basis, as well as budget development and monitoring. Assist with demand forecasting through use of analytical tools, and its subsequent effect of raw material forecast needs
- Work with operations lead team to determine value proposition and appropriate market value of new and existing product lines. Produce quotes for third parties to drive greater savings at appropriate margin benchmarks
- Advise business leadership with development of commercial strategies to maximize value proposition, including strategic sourcing of parts from alternative suppliers and/or with creative commercial structures
- Provide creative automation solutions to aid operations team to better track progress on and collect data from everyday production activities.
Additional Desired Skills:
- Proven and strong communication skills
- Fully proficient with SAP, Excel, Powerpoint, MS Access
- Ability to perform advanced data analysis and/or programming
- Bachelors in Accounting or relevant business discipline
- 8+ years of direct experience
Job Overview This job leads technicians and analysts in assuring execution of the Corporate and NextEra Power Generation business processes. Employees in this role are responsible for OandM and capital budget preparation and reporting, cash flow management, and financial analysis and reporting. Individuals in this job plan, schedule, communicate, and coordinate the annual budgeting process, the monthly re-forecasts, and month-end close for the site, and ensure that all transactions are in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley. Employees in this position also focus on the continuous improvement of spending, risks and opportunities, and costing methods in accordance with corporate policy and business objectives.
Job Duties & Responsibilities • Performs all cost accounting activities including variance analysis, standard cost development, activity-based costing, and inventory control • Provides financial leadership by supporting Operations leadership in decision-making and strategy development • Supports new lines of business and finds ways to reduce overhead cost per job • Provides reporting and analysis for all operations activity including productivity, capital and overhead spending, forecasting, budgeting, absorption, sales, and inventory and operations planning • Prepares and distributes financial reports and indicators and explains financial results to non-financial audiences • Communicates and explains operational performance through P and L • Collaborates effectively with colleagues from all departments • Leads and executes process improvement projects using Six Sigma principles • Manages internal controls processes and identifies and mitigates control weaknesses • Extracts, organizes, analyzes, and reports data in a manner that is useful and relevant for making business decisions • Develops broad technical and communication skills through self-study and internal and external training opportunities • Performs other job-related duties as assigned
Required Qualifications • High School Grad / GED • Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience • Experience:5+ years • Supervisor/Management Experience:2+ years
Preferred Qualifications • None
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Finance, Accounting & Business Analytics Organization: NextEra Operating Srvs Location: Story City, Iowa Other Work Locations: Iowa Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
#LI-AS1 Nearest Major Market:Ames Nearest Secondary Market:Des Moines