MDU Resources Group Estimator/Project Manager (Heavy Civil) in Stockton, California
Estimator/Project Manager (Heavy Civil)
Company:Knife River Construction-Northern CA Stockton Div.
Hiring Manager:Randy J Holtberg
Closing Date:08/27/2021at 11:59pm CDT
The Project Manager provides contracting and construction services to public and private sector. Project Managers work closely with stakeholders to make sure that the scope and direction of each project is on schedule and completed per contract and reinforcing a world class safety culture.
- Review proposal specifications, drawings, pre-bid meetings and visit project sites to
determine scope of work required in preparing bid/estimate proposal.
- Determine labor, equipment and material requirements to complete project and use
information to prepare bid/estimate proposal.
- Submit complete bid/estimate proposals to project owners, managers and/or
general contractors in a timely and professional manner, provide any clarification
on information submitted as needed.
- Provide current and potential customers/clients prompt professional service
including design, planning and pricing assistance.
Provide project administrative management of awarded contracts.
Coordinate with Estimating Manager, Construction Manager and field leadership,
establishment of project objectives, procedures, schedules and performance
requirements. May provide indirect or direct supervision of field crew
members/foreman or superintendents.
- Maintain documentation of quantities and value of work estimated/completed to
support forecasting for future project performance.
- Provide ongoing support to Construction/Operations for efficient and profitable
execution of work including scheduling, procurement and change
order/supplemental work processes.
Monitor subcontractors work.
Partner with Contract Administrator to review and process financial aspects of
contracts (i.e.: billings, sub-contract payments, material payments, collections, etc.)
Manage project (responsible for all projects bid unless reassigned).
Troubleshoot and problem solve situations/problems (material quality, equipment
operation/repair, etc.). Monitor and discuss production problems with co-workers
Ensure MSHA, OSHA, EPA, DNR, safety and environmental regulation compliance.
Self-motivated, team-player with good interpersonal skills; ability to maintain
positive customer relations and act courteous/respectful of others.
Visit job-sites and pre-bid meetings.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Regular attendance required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Engineering Management, Construction
Management or equivalent number of years experience.
Minimum of 5 years experience in construction.
Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, Power Point) and AutoCAD.
Must have an active valid California driver’s license and acceptable driving record to
meet Knife River Fleet policy.
- Communication skills and positive interactions with a variety of customers and
Heavy Civil (Underground Utilities/Grading/Paving)experience.
Experience working with job cost/construction accounting.
Experience working with AutoCAD, HCSS or other estimating software.
• Requires walking, bending, squatting, sitting, lifting, pushing, pulling, and climbing
to a significant degree.
• Heavy work-exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50
pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move
• Requires the use of hands for grasping and fine manipulations.
• Requires the ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision and hearing.
• Head movement/rotation moving head in any direction (up, down, side to side).
• Requires climbing in and out of ready-mix truck multiple times a day.
• Wear company issued Personal Protective Equipment (P.P.E.) in accordance with
• Exposure to dust, fumes and gases.
• Exposure to outside working conditions; to cold or hot temperatures.
• Must work as needed, given the unpredictability of how long jobs or trips will take,
including overtime, nights, and weekends.
Paid Holidays * Paid Vacation * Medical with GENEROUS Employer Contributions*
Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical and Dependent Care * Dental * Vision * Company Paid Life and AD&D Insurance * Profit Sharing * 401(k) with Company Match * Employee Discount Plan for National Vendors.
How To Apply:
If unable to apply online, mail completed application to:
PO Box 6099
Stockton, CA 95206-0099
Knife River is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected category under applicable state/federal law.
Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background check.
This Employer Participates inE-Verify (PDF) (Downloads/EVerifyPoster.pdf) . Download PDF Application (PDF) (Downloads/KRC-72.pdf)
MDU Resources Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status.