MDU Resources Group Asphalt Distributor Drivers - Stockton in STOCKTON, California
Asphalt Distributor Drivers - Stockton
Company:Pacific Northwest Oil Company
Department:PNWO - Spreading
Hiring Manager:Lance S Coleman
Closing Date:08/27/2021at 11:59pm CDT
This position is responsible for operating an asphalt distributor truck safely and efficiently. Under the direction of the dispatcher, the driver will be responsible to deliver and apply product to customer specifications on appropriate projects located in California and Out-of-State. As the position is weather and construction season dependent, there may be a period of layoff.
- Operates a heavy-duty diesel truck equipped with an asphalt tank and spray
bar to deliver asphalt and emulsion to customers in California and Out-of-State.
Conduct all pre and post trip safety inspections and paperwork.
Must work with company dispatcher to receive daily project assignments.
Must fill truck tank using proper loading procedures with asphalt oil, emulsion or other
Transport tank load to assigned project in the safest and most efficient travel route.
Must operate truck instruments to distribute tank load on road or other appropriate
surfaces as directed by customer order.
- Where appropriate, may apply material with hand wand walking over area where
material is applied.
- Driver must maintain clean, proper and good working order the truck, tanker and
- The driver must inform the dispatcher or mechanic of needed roadside or overnight
repairs to the truck to keep it in compliance with company policy and/or state or
10.Insure all measurements of road or job have been taken and are verified before
11.Drivers must keep a daily driver’s log and monitor for hours of running and
communicate with dispatch.
- Drivers must complete all required paperwork including accounting, time cards,
safety or equipment reports.
- Must work safely and take action to prevent any and all unsafe actions, processes,
- Perform other duties as assigned.
High School diploma or GED.
2 years’ experience in a position driving asphalt distributor trucks.
Must possess a valid class A state driver’s license and have an acceptable driving
• Requires walking, bending, squatting, sitting, lifting, pushing, pulling, and climbing
to a significant degree.
• Heavy work-exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50
pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move
• Requires the use of hands for grasping and fine manipulations.
• Requires the ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision and hearing.
• Head movement/rotation moving head in any direction (up, down, side to side).
• Requires climbing in and out of ready-mix truck multiple times a day.
• Wear company issued Personal Protective Equipment (P.P.E.) in accordance with
• Exposure to dust, fumes and gases.
• Exposure to outside working conditions; to cold or hot temperatures.
• Must work as needed, given the unpredictability of how long jobs or trips will take,
including overtime, nights, and weekends.
How To Apply
If unable to apply online, mail completed application to:
PO Box 6099
Stockton, CA 95206
Knife River is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected category under applicable state/federal law.
Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background check.
This Employer Participates inE-Verify (PDF) (Downloads/EVerifyPoster.pdf) . Download PDF Application (PDF) (Downloads/KRC-72.pdf)
MDU Resources Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status.