Ameren System Engineer in Steedman, Missouri
If end date is listed, the posting will come down at 12:00 am on that date:
About The Position:
The Systems Engineer provides technical leadership for the site through optimization and reliability of systems and equipment, proactive identification and resolution of plant issues, and technical assistance to other departments.
Key responsibilities include:
· Maintain the health and reliability of systems/components and identify and respond to threats to reliability specific to individual systems and cross-cutting threats to reliability that impact multiple systems.
· Evaluate systems/component types through proactive performance monitoring and trending of the performance of assigned systems/components.
· Identify adverse trends and proactively initiate actions to prevent system performance degradation or component failures.
· Identify system or component conditions or deficiencies that can impact system operation and notify Operations or management as appropriate.
· Perform causal analysis of equipment and system/area deficiencies and failures and determine corrective actions to resolve
· Prioritize / establish action plans to address deficiencies on assigned systems/areas via the corrective action and work management processes.
· Provide technical support in the preparation and execution of complex work packages on assigned systems/components, as required.
· Support Maintenance and Operations in system troubleshooting and provide system /component/discipline expertise for troubleshooting significant events or complex plant problems.
· Maintain thorough knowledge of programs, codes, standards and operating experience and how they relate to the plant.
· Perform safety evaluation screening, disposition of nonconformance reports, disposition Requests for Resolution (RFRs) to include Engineering Evaluations, Setpoint Changes, Minor Modifications, and Material Equivalencies for equipment within assigned system/area/component groups.
· Perform engineering evaluations and reviews of applicable NRC and INPO documents and review, use, and share Operating Experience.
· Interface with other departments for cost effective maintenance strategies on assigned systems/area.
· Support changes in configuration/design and design basis.
· Provide technical support in the preparation of procedure revisions or temporary changes to procedures.
· Assume Emergency Response Organization (ERO) duties in accordance with Callaway Energy Center Radiological Emergency Response Plan (RERP) including responding to assigned ERO facilities within the required RERP response time.
Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited institution required. Degrees in other disciplines (Civil, Nuclear, Chemical or Metallurgical) will also be considered. Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) or Professional Engineer (PE) Registration/Licensure preferred. Previous nuclear utility and/or related experience preferred.
In addition to the above qualifications, the successful candidate will demonstrate:
Good leadership, decision making, communication and human relations skills required. Security screening required for Callaway Energy Center access.
Working Conditions :
The Systems Engineer works a standard day shift in an office/plant environment. Additional hours and/or rotating shifts may be required during refueling outages and emergent plant activities as the needs arise.
Ameren’s selection process includes a series of interviews and may include a leadership assessment process. Specific details will be provided to qualified candidates.
*Technical career path level depends upon applicant's credentials.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, genetic information, military service or status, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other class, trait, or status protected by law.
Our workforce is dedicated to keeping the lights on and the gas flowing – 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. That same kind of dedication and longstanding commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion has helped us build an "All-In" supportive and accepting diverse culture where opinions are shared in an environment where all are respected and the best solutions are put into action.
Our vision is "Leading the Way to a Sustainable Energy Future" and our mission is "To Power the Quality of Life." Our company values include safety and security, integrity, respect, diversity equity and inclusion, accountability, stewardship, teamwork and a commitment to excellence. Our "All-In" culture reflects how we care, serve with passion, deliver for customers, communities and shareholders and win together.
Ameren's co-workers spend thousands of hours each year giving back to their communities. The company supports their donations of time through a Dollars for Doers program and also offers a Matching Grant program for donations made to postsecondary schools.
Ameren has an unwavering commitment to sustainability. That includes how we perform as a steward of the environment, how we manage our relationships with customers, communities and workforce and provide robust governance and oversight of our practices. We are committed to clean energy. The company has established a net-zero carbon emissions goal by 2045 across all its operations in Missouri and Illinois. In addition, Ameren laid out plans for its largest-ever expansion of clean wind and solar generation that maintains the reliability and affordability that customers have come to expect. Interim carbon emissions goals include a 50% reduction by 2030 and an 85% reduction by 2040, from 2005 levels.
St. Louis-based Ameren Corporation powers the quality of life for 2.4 million electric customers and more than 900,000 natural gas customers in a 64,000-square-mile area through its Ameren Missouri and Ameren Illinois rate-regulated utility subsidiaries. Ameren Illinois provides electric transmission and distribution service and natural gas distribution service. Ameren Missouri provides electric generation, transmission and distribution services, as well as natural gas distribution service. Ameren Transmission Company of Illinois operates a rate-regulated electric transmission business in the Midcontinent Independent System Operator, Inc. For more information, visit Ameren.com (https://c212.net/c/link/?t=0&l=en&o=3228409-1&h=4163191186&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ameren.com%2F&a=Ameren.com) , or follow us on Twitter at @AmerenCorp , Facebook.com/AmerenCorp , or LinkedIn.com/company/Ameren .
Ameren is committed to equal employment opportunities and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, genetic information, military service or status, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other class, trait, or status protected by applicable law.