EnergyUnited Electrician in Statesville, North Carolina
North Carolina’s largest electric cooperative, EnergyUnited, delivers reliable energy and services that improve the quality of life for our customers and communities. We invite you to join our team if you possess the qualities on which we’ve based our success for over 60 years – Safety, Integrity, Commitment and Excellence .
EnergyUnited offers a comprehensive benefit package. EnergyUnited is an Equal Opportunity – Affirmative Action Employer
Position Title: Electrician
Reports To: Energy Services Sales Manager
If you are a NC limited licensed electrician with progressive field experience and interested in supporting both EnergyUnited’s commercial and residential customers, we’d like to meet you!
The Electrician position is responsible for installing and servicing residential and commercial generators; transfer switches; meter level residential surge guard protection; residential and commercial EV chargers and solar powered battery storage units as well as service the general electrical needs within EnergyUnited’s 19 county territory. This position is classified as Hybrid, allowing an employee to perform work associated with their position at both an EU Office and their home. This position is non-exempt as defined by the Fair Labor Standards Act as amended.
Normal Day-to-Day Work
• Performs installation and servicing of all Energy Services products including residential and commercial generators; transfer switches; meter level residential surge guard protection; residential and commercial EV chargers.
• Provides ancillary support as needed to service the general electrical needs of commercial and residential members.
• Commits to learning new products including solar powered battery storage units and solar panel installations.
• Performs generator installs and diagnoses common electrical issues in both residential and commercial environments.
• Develops a thorough understanding of the permitting process for each of the 19 counties in EnergyUnited’s territory.
• Prepares written estimates for recommended corrective repairs noted during the service call.
• Assists customers with technical support in person and/or in the field.
• Displays the ability to apply knowledge from past jobs to complete more complex jobs in the future.
• Utilizes effective problem-solving methods and carries out instructions in either written or diagram form.
• Safely transports self, tools, and equipment to and from worksites.
• Clearly and concisely documents all work and repairs completed by following all necessary documentation procedures.
• Follows all safety requirements, including the use of personal protective equipment.
• Works independently as well as in groups of diverse, cross functional team members.
• Contributes new business growth ideas to the team.
• Successfully communicates technical terms, processes, and ideas to non-technical staff and members in a positive and educational manner.
• Works a flexible work schedule as needed to provide timely and efficient service to members.
• Mentors junior staff and team to promote continued growth.
Skills & Requirements
Job Qualifications - Here are a few skills you MUST have to be considered for this position.
High school graduate required. Two-year Technical Degree in electrical work strongly preferred. Combination of High school and work experience will be considered in lieu of education.
NC Limited Electrician’s License required.
Minimum of five (5) years of progressive experience in the electrical field.
Must possess strong organizational and time management skills including a record of maintaining excellent customer relations.
Knowledge of electrical systems is required and a thorough understanding of National Electrical Code.
Knowledge of Generac Generators and Controls with Air Cooled Service Certification preferred.
Must possess a strong ability to communicate in both verbal and written form.
Must an have attitude of neatness, timeliness, orderliness and accuracy toward the job.
Must possess ability to maintain relationships promoting a positive image for the organization and its goals and objectives.
Have ability to implement work plans, make sound decisions from observations and carry out instructions.
Must be able to present and work with public in a pleasant, courteous and professional manner. Maintaining good personal hygiene habits required at all times.
Should possess good computer skills in emailing, Microsoft Office, and using virtual conferencing software applications.
Must maintain a valid NC Driver's License.
Must maintain NC Limited Electrician’s License at all times.
Be available for work during adverse weather conditions when necessary and a flexible on-call schedule as needed.
Lifting and carrying items 10 to 50 pounds on a regular basis required. At times, the position will require heavy work exertion of up to 100 pounds of force to move objects including generators.
This position is classified as a "Headquarters or Non-Direct Operational" position. Domicile must be within one of the nineteen counties served by the Cooperative or within a 40 (forty) road mile radius to any EnergyUnited EMC office.
*EnergyUnited Electric Membership Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. *