Eversource Energy Senior Advisor, Safety in Stamford, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)
Role and Scope of Position:
Support Eversource in the administration, development and improvement of the occupational safety and health programs. Serve as both a technical and internal management partner in the prevention of injuries and illnesses, ensuring regulatory compliance and incorporating best practices into ES’s safety management system. In addition to the Advisor, Safety responsibilities, the Senior Advisor, Safety is responsible for the program development, management and facilitation to assure consistent and effective application throughout the ES enterprise. Will assist Safety management in the execution of safety programs in all business environments, including field operations, plants and offices. Act as the respective safety manager in their absence.
- Fulfills the role of Advisor, Safety and:
- Develops strategic and programmatic solutions to ensure compliance and incorporate best practices applicable to occupational safety and health programs, policies, rules and regulations.
- Provides program oversight and facilitation to field operations, field safety advisors and safety vendors.
- Develops, implements and monitors / assesses program(s) effectiveness.
- Provides feedback to Safety Managers, ES operations management on programmatic solutions to safety compliance and performance concerns.
- Facilitates management of causal identification for program needs assessments and future program(s) developments.
- Supports Safety Managers providing statistical analysis and data relevant to safety and health programs and acts on their behalf, as assigned.
- Identifies and coordinates the execution of the necessary resources to successfully implement safety and health programs.
- Provides storm restoration and emergency assignments up to and including the safety branch director of the ICS system and emergency response plan.
- Requires a thorough understanding of the Company’s safety rules.
- Requires knowledge of Eversource Operation’s practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of construction site safety is required.
- Requires specific knowledge of local and federal regulations (OSHA and DOT) safety laws, and State Departments of Public Safety requirements as they pertain to electric, gas and water utility industries.
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations as well as sound safety management principles and practices.
- Knowledge of Distribution operations and associated electrical, gas systems, construction practices and renewable energy practices is highly desired.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and strong organizational skills.
- Strong project leadership skills.
- Willingness to work independently as well as with teams.
- Willingness to build rapport/credibility with both management and the skilled craft workforce.
- Bachelor’s degree in Safety, Safety management, Engineering or equivalent combined education and experience is required.
- A minimum of five (5) years of related experience is required, with program management skills and safety experience highly desirable.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Additional safety related training programs and certifications such as the National Safety Council’s Advanced Safety Certificate, Associate Safety Professional (ASP), Certified Safety Professional (CSP) preferred.
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
- Must be available to travel occasionally beyond the assigned region to attend special meetings/training/conferences or during storm conditions.
- Must be available to work on-call on a rotating basis.
Please include a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs