Eversource Energy Engineering Designer in Stamford, Connecticut
Job Description Summary:
Responsible for the management of a portfolio of distribution projects across the Eversource CT service territory. This includes preparing construction work orders that satisfy Distribution Engineering design specifications, optimize construction efficiency, and adhere to applicable Standards. Prepares estimates and work orders for CDOT highway relocation work. Responsible for the ordering of long lead material, identifying tree trimming needs, permitting, etc. to ensure efficient completion of projects. Participates during major restoration efforts, including Emergency Preparedness.
ACCOUNTABILITIES - PRIMARY DUTIES:
- Responsible for detailed work order design to meet designated specifications for Eversource specific projects, cable replacement/rejuvenation, defective poles, System Resiliency Program and other project work.
- Works with various internal departments as needed during the work order design process (i.e.: Civil Engineering, Transmission, etc.)
- Considers field conditions and overall project success in preparation of construction ready work orders.
- Has an understanding of the financial restraints placed on the business and individual projects, is aware of cost drivers and considers ways to reduce cost and improve efficiency of all project designs.
- Serves as primary Company representative to CDOT for assigned CDOT projects. Represents the Company’s interests at CDOT meetings. Prepares work orders and estimates as needed to meet CDOT relocation requirements.
- Surveys distribution facilities for NESC safety violations, determines suitability for third party attachments and prepares work orders as necessary to accommodate attachment requests.
- Considers safety during engineering design and follows all safety policies and procedures.
- Operates independently within a team environment.
- Knowledgeable of various computer applications
- Works with Real Estate department and customers in regards to property rights.
- May obtain various permits, agreements as required. (i.e. RR, CDOT, town, city, etc.)
- Determines when property owner consent is required for planned work and participates in the consent process (TD 007).
- Performs audits on constructed work orders to assess construction adherence to Standards.
- Will have nonexclusive storm restoration and emergency assignments.
- May act as departmental liaison/representative. (i.e. committees, initiatives, meetings, etc.)
- Coordinates with all those necessary to ensure successful project completion. These can include both internal and external coworkers and customers.
- Other related duties as assigned
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Education: A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Bachelor’s degree in Engineering Technology, or equivalent.
Experience: For Engineering Designer I – no prior experience required. For Engineering Designer II – minimum of Two (2) years to Five (5) years of Energy Delivery experience. For Engineering Designer – minimum of Five (5) years to Eight (8) years of Energy Delivery experience.
Technical Skills: For Engineering Designer II/III – Knowledge of construction methods and practices; company engineering and construction Standards,; general knowledge of civil, electrical and mechanical engineering; familiarity with company’s work management system.
For all levels – Must be able to work effectively in a team environment. Must hold a valid motor vehicle operator’s license.
CORE AND FUNCTIONAL COMPETENCIES:
- Use current Workday Leadership Behaviors or equivalent
Bargaining unit employees under the TEAL contract will be given first consideration. In addition, this position is being posted internally and externally.
Candidates must successfully pass the TECH Test.
Qualified candidates must submit a resume with their application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor