Ameren Sr. Cloud Engineer in St. Louis, Missouri
If end date is listed, the posting will come down at 12:00 am on that date:
About The Position
· Analyzes, designs, codes, tests, configures and modifies software projects and/or products or enhancements specializing in services utilizing public cloud providers.
· Ensures that system improvements are successfully implemented and monitored to guarantee availability and increase efficiency.
· Responsible for automating operations, managing and supporting infrastructure, coding and scripting, Ameren CI/CD (Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery) tool chain as well as advising, communicating and collaborating with our Digital product teams.
· This position will have extensive cloud platform experience (preferably with Amazon Web Services)
Key responsibilities include:
· Works across multiple areas and integrates knowledge of multiple areas into a single system – expertise and proficiency in public/cloud environments such as Windows and Linux operating systems, Configuration Management technologies (Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Cloud Provider), Container technologies (Kubernetes, Docker), Scripting Languages (Python, Node, PowerShell), Infrastructure As Code Development (Terraform, Cloud Formation, Packer)
· Adds enhancements to new/future software releases
· Demonstrates strong knowledge of on premise solutions and cloud-based solutions; executes on cloud-based configuration plans for new systems/technologies
· Assists in performing root cause analysis and interprets the results; provides input into action plan (e.g., provides input into prioritization of offensive/customer-facing issues and defensive/internally focused backlogs)
· Independently handles/solves software/systems monitoring issues
· May assist in development of requirements with business analysts and architects; provides recommendations to enhance design to prevent recurrence of defects
· Provides input on client/customer requirements; may develop implementation plans utilizing cloud-based solutions
· Demonstrates strong working knowledge and understanding of Ameren’s business to provide quality technical feedback
· Reviews the Digital organization’s technology enablement and integration plans; demonstrates technical expertise within own technology through determining best course of action for own projects – Provides leadership and direction regarding CI/CD and Cloud technologies
· Demonstrates strong working knowledge of agile software development processes and the development lifecycle; liaises with scrum masters and coaches to move project forward
· Contributes to the development and execution of implementation plans as they relate to API-led solutions; identifies and documents implementation risks of such solutions
· Utilizes relevant technologies in order to design, develop, document, and support moderate to complex integration solutions applying design patterns, reference architectures, and best practices
· Collaborates with various stakeholders to test new and modified application solutions utilizing test-driven development when possible; understands methods and technologies for load and performance testing of APIs
· Works closely with technical and enterprise architects to gather perspective on emerging and/or existing technologies related to API development and management; contributes to referential documentation related to API development standards and best practices
· May be required to work off-hours for project needs, support/upgrade/outage reasons, and systems implementations
· Bachelor's degree required, preferably in engineering, mathematics, computer science or business
· 5+ years of relevant experience in common tools/providers such as (AWS, MS Azure, Terraform, Puppet, Chef, Ansile, Splunk Docker, etc.)
· Consideration will be given to candidates with nine or more years of relevant experience in lieu of the degree requirement.
· ASW Certification preferred.
In addition to the above qualifications, the successful candidate will demonstrate:
· General Competencies -
Basic understanding of cyber security, networking and storage concepts
Exceptional customer service skills
Software development lifecycle understanding
Self-directed learner who keeps skills up to date with the latest technologies, including pursuit of relevant certifications
Ameren’s selection process includes a series of interviews and may include candidate testing and/or an individual aptitude or skill-based assessment. Specific details will be provided to qualified candidates.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, genetic information, military service or status, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other class, trait, or status protected by law.
Our workforce is dedicated to keeping the lights on and the gas flowing – 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. That same kind of dedication and longstanding commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion has helped us build an "All-In" supportive and accepting diverse culture where opinions are shared in an environment where all are respected and the best solutions are put into action.
Our vision is "Leading the Way to a Sustainable Energy Future" and our mission is "To Power the Quality of Life." Our company values include safety and security, integrity, respect, diversity equity and inclusion, accountability, stewardship, teamwork and a commitment to excellence. Our "All-In" culture reflects how we care, serve with passion, deliver for customers, communities and shareholders and win together.
Ameren's co-workers spend thousands of hours each year giving back to their communities. The company supports their donations of time through a Dollars for Doers program and also offers a Matching Grant program for donations made to postsecondary schools.
Ameren has an unwavering commitment to sustainability. That includes how we perform as a steward of the environment, how we manage our relationships with customers, communities and workforce and provide robust governance and oversight of our practices. We are committed to clean energy. The company has established a net-zero carbon emissions goal by 2050 across all its operations in Missouri and Illinois. In addition, Ameren laid out plans for its largest-ever expansion of clean wind and solar generation that maintains the reliability and affordability that customers have come to expect. Interim carbon emissions goals include a 50% reduction by 2030 and an 85% reduction by 2040, from 2005 levels.
St. Louis-based Ameren Corporation powers the quality of life for 2.4 million electric customers and more than 900,000 natural gas customers in a 64,000-square-mile area through its Ameren Missouri and Ameren Illinois rate-regulated utility subsidiaries. Ameren Illinois provides electric transmission and distribution service and natural gas distribution service. Ameren Missouri provides electric generation, transmission and distribution services, as well as natural gas distribution service. Ameren Transmission Company of Illinois operates a rate-regulated electric transmission business in the Midcontinent Independent System Operator, Inc. For more information, visit Ameren.com (https://c212.net/c/link/?t=0&l=en&o=3228409-1&h=4163191186&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ameren.com%2F&a=Ameren.com) , or follow us on Twitter at @AmerenCorp , Facebook.com/AmerenCorp , or LinkedIn.com/company/Ameren .
Ameren is committed to equal employment opportunities and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, genetic information, military service or status, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other class, trait, or status protected by applicable law.