Ameren Sourcing Analyst in St. Louis, Missouri
If end date is listed, the posting will come down at 12:00 am on that date:
About The Position
The Sourcing Analyst provides excellent support to Category Management and operational procurement by analyzing spend and contract data in Supply Chain (SC) systems. The Analyst participates in strategic and operational procurement processes as directed. The Analyst prepares historical and projected demand and unit price analyses and reports. The Analyst supports SC projects designed to make recommendations and analyzes post-project results to determine if desired changes were achieved. The Analyst understands planning, forecasting, replenishment, inventory, demand/supply balancing, fulfillment, transportation, and warehousing practices. The Sourcing Analyst should have skills and expertise in the following areas:
Analysis and Reporting Supply Chain Management
· Data analysis using standard systems and tools
· Report creation
· Communication and interpersonal skills
· Accuracy and thoroughness
· Procurement practices
· Materials management practices
· Continuous improvement
· Customer service
Key responsibilities include:
- Data Analysis: Use standard data analysis tools, concepts, and standard systems (e.g., ORACLE) to conduct analysis and prepare reports. Develop and utilize various models. Conduct spend, market, and supplier research and analysis to support sourcing strategy development. Perform analysis of demand, purchasing, pricing and inventory to support decision making in planning, forecasting, replenishment, and inventory levels. Perform analysis activities for bid evaluations and negotiations. Provide contract and performance analysis for category strategies and ongoing contract/supplier performance monitoring. Build and maintain reports to streamline analysis. Communicate findings and recommendations to SC and Business Partners in non-technical language. Communicate and support enterprise standards for procurement policies, processes, and procedures.
RFI/RFQ Support: Work with cross functional teams in the development, review and issue of RFIs and RFQs, analyze proposals, negotiate and structure contracts, and create purchase orders. Structure RFQs and unbundle proposal costs in order to understand total cost of ownership (TCO). Coordinate development of material, equipment, and service specifications to be included in procurement/sourcing RFQs.
Collaboration with Supply Chain and Business Partners: Work collaboratively with Category Management, operational procurement, and Business Partners to design and execute required analysis and reports. Collaborate with Business Partners and SC to clarify questions and improve analysis while maintaining high Business Partner satisfaction. Help identify and implement leading practices for SC analysis.
Continuous Improvement: Support the framework, metrics, and goals for continuous improvement of Sourcing. Employ and help identify additional leading practices to achieve process excellence and stay current with industry innovations. Support communication of initiatives and improvements to Business Partners as appropriate.
The Sourcing Analyst must possess the following qualifications and experience to perform at a fully satisfactory level in this position:
Technical Expertise Leadership Characteristics Work Experience
Typical Technical Expertise
· Bachelor‘s degree required; preferably in Engineering, Business, Accounting,
Finance, Supply Chain, Digital, or other related field
· Excellent analytical, problem-solving and time-management
· Familiarity with ORACLE
· Proficient with MS Office suite Typical Leadership Characteristics
· Strong customer-oriented mindset
· Strong communication skills (oral and written)
· Ability to be persuasive and build credibility internally and externally
Typical Work Experience
· One or more year of directly relevant work experience preferred, including experience on cross-functional teams
· May consider recent graduate
· Some customer service experience preferred
*Technical career path level and salary depends upon applicants credentials. Open to all levels.
In addition to the above qualifications, the successful candidate will demonstrate:
Strong business acumen and communication skills with the ability to make sound judgments. Proven analytic, financial and operational skills. Strong self-starter with the ability to prioritize and deliver on deadlines in a fast paced environment. Effective team player with the ability to work with all levels of internal and external stakeholders. Excellent communication, business writing and presentation skills. Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Power Point, Excel, Word, etc.) Ameren competencies: Think Customer, Inspire and Engage, Foster Innovation, Drive Results, Champion Learning, Build Trust and Be Strategic.
Ameren’s selection process includes a series of interviews and may include a leadership assessment process. Specific details will be provided to qualified candidates.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, genetic information, military service or status, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other class, trait, or status protected by law.
St. Louis-based Ameren Corporation powers the quality of life for 2.4 million electric customers and more than 900,000 natural gas customers in a 64,000-square-mile area through its Ameren Missouri and Ameren Illinois rate-regulated utility subsidiaries. Ameren Illinois provides electric transmission and distribution service and natural gas distribution service. Ameren Missouri provides electric generation, transmission and distribution service, as well as natural gas distribution service. Ameren Transmission Company of Illinois develops, owns and operates rate-regulated regional electric transmission projects. For more information, visit Ameren.com, or follow us on Twitter at @AmerenCorp, Facebook.com/AmerenCorp, or LinkedIn/company/Ameren.