Ameren SENIOR FINANCIAL PLANNING & ANALYSIS SPECIALIST in St. Louis, Missouri
If end date is listed, the posting will come down at 12:00 am on that date:
About The Position
The Senior Financial Planning & Analysis Specialist position is responsible for providing oversight of business analysis activities for Ameren's Digital Organization. The position will analyze, prepare, and report financial and performance insights to Digital Management.
Key responsibilities include:
• Proactively execute activities, provide support and collaborate with Digital Leaders in matters of capital and O&M governance and analysis to include: forecasting, cost tracking, communication with internal and external stakeholders.
• Support joint planning activities, ensuring business line alignment on O&M spending.
• Support, develop, and present recommendations to Digital and/or Business Leaders regarding financial forecasting and actual spend. This may include challenging existing processes to improve and ensure consistent practices from all functions.
• Prepare monthly analysis of capital and O&M forecast to budget variances and other ad-hoc analyses and investigate issues brought forth by Digital and/or Business Leaders related to financial performance.
• Lead project work order process by ensuring business cases are thorough and accurate and include appropriate application of capital versus O&M accounting guidelines, business segments are aligned to cost allocation, and prepare documentation for Work Order approvals.
• Lead continuous improvement initiatives and support automation with Digital's PMO, Demand Planning, and Financials organization
• Prepare documentation for Board presentations, business line leader discussions, and Digital leader meetings.
• Analyze business intelligence information using a variety of internal Ameren systems and the Microsoft Office Suite and understand and support new technology adoption within the Finance department
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, Economics, Engineering or related field from an accredited University required. CPA, CFA, MBA or similar advanced degree in business, finance, or economics preferred. Five or more years of relevant professional experience required (e.g. accounting, financial reporting, analysis or modeling, and business planning).
In addition to the above qualifications, the successful candidate will demonstrate:
Detailed understanding of capital planning, corporate finance, forecasting, investment concepts, practices and methods. Strong analytical, problem solving, decision-making, strategic thinking, and planning skills. High level of accuracy and attention to detail. Advanced financial, statistical, and quantitative modeling skills. Ability to take initiative, collaborate and lead. Strong business acumen and ability to see the big picture. Excellent communication (written/verbal), interpersonal, and presentation skills to effectively interface with and influence internal/external contacts. Project and vendor management skills. Advanced proficiency with MS Office, especially Excel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, genetic information, military service or status, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other class, trait, or status protected by law.
St. Louis-based Ameren Corporation powers the quality of life for 2.4 million electric customers and more than 900,000 natural gas customers in a 64,000-square-mile area through its Ameren Missouri and Ameren Illinois rate-regulated utility subsidiaries. Ameren Illinois provides electric transmission and distribution service and natural gas distribution service. Ameren Missouri provides electric generation, transmission and distribution service, as well as natural gas distribution service. Ameren Transmission Company of Illinois develops, owns and operates rate-regulated regional electric transmission projects. For more information, visit Ameren.com, or follow us on Twitter at @AmerenCorp, Facebook.com/AmerenCorp, or LinkedIn/company/Ameren.