Ameren Senior Digital Resiliency Analyst in St Louis, Missouri
About The Position
The Senior Business Resiliency Analyst position is within the Digital Portfolio, Architecture, and Governance at Ameren. This position is responsible for developing plans and procedures in order to provide efficient and effective resiliency solutions. This position will act as a liaison between Digital/IT and Business teams to ensure alignment between Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery focused on providing recovery preparedness of business critical applications. In addition this role will focus on promoting a culture of resiliency by developing training, fostering engagement of coworkers, and empowering those coworkers with the tools they need to weather service disruption.
Key responsibilities include:
● Act as a liaison between business units and digital teams responsible for service recovery.
● Promotes a culture of resiliency focused on training, testing, and improvement of processes and procedures.
● Helps to develop and conduct Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity training for Digital Teams.
● Provides guidance to and coordinates the efforts of staff members in the development of recovery procedures for key areas of the organization.
● Conduct business impact analyses for Digital Teams to determine critical business processes, identifies acceptable recovery time periods, and establishes resources required for the successful resumption of business operations in the event of a disaster.
● Develop and regularly update business continuity and disaster recovery plans and processes for digital teams.
● Plans and coordinates the testing of recovery support and business resumption procedures in different functional areas, such as application failover and tabletop exercises.
● Works with digital teams to improve the technology and processes used to ensure Disaster Recovery Capabilities for critical systems.
● Coordinates the efforts of staff members in different functional areas in the development of procedures for the continuity of business processes in a disaster situation.
● Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Business, Information Management, or a related field
● Five or more years of related work experience required.
● Certified Business Continuity Professional (CBCP), Certified Functional Continuity Planner (CFCP) or Associate Business Continuity Planner accreditation preferred.
● Experience with using and managing a Business Continuity Plan Management Software
In addition to the above qualifications, the successful candidate will demonstrate:
Knowledge and understanding of Business Continuity Plan (BCP) in a large environment. Knowledge and understanding of audit and business continuity support. Experience developing improvement processes and implementation strategies to support business continuity and contingency plans. Experience managing Business Continuity Plan (BCP) documents. Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to interact effectively and confidently with senior management. Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy. Experience presenting information in a manner that persuades, educates, and enhances understanding at all levels. Advanced Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) skills.
Ameren’s selection process includes a series of interviews and may include a leadership assessment process. Specific details will be provided to qualified candidates.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, genetic information, military service or status, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other class, trait, or status protected by law.
Our workforce is dedicated to keeping the lights on and the gas flowing – 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. That same kind of dedication and longstanding commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion has helped us build an "All-In" supportive and accepting diverse culture where opinions are shared in an environment where all are respected and the best solutions are put into action.
Our vision is "Leading the Way to a Sustainable Energy Future" and our mission is "To Power the Quality of Life." Our company values include safety and security, integrity, respect, diversity equity and inclusion, accountability, stewardship, teamwork and a commitment to excellence. Our "All-In" culture reflects how we care, serve with passion, deliver for customers, communities and shareholders and win together.
Ameren's co-workers spend thousands of hours each year giving back to their communities. The company supports their donations of time through a Dollars for Doers program and also offers a Matching Grant program for donations made to postsecondary schools.
Ameren has an unwavering commitment to sustainability. That includes how we perform as a steward of the environment, how we manage our relationships with customers, communities and workforce and provide robust governance and oversight of our practices. We are committed to clean energy. The company has established a net-zero carbon emissions goal by 2050 across all its operations in Missouri and Illinois. In addition, Ameren laid out plans for its largest-ever expansion of clean wind and solar generation that maintains the reliability and affordability that customers have come to expect. Interim carbon emissions goals include a 50% reduction by 2030 and an 85% reduction by 2040, from 2005 levels.
St. Louis-based Ameren Corporation powers the quality of life for 2.4 million electric customers and more than 900,000 natural gas customers in a 64,000-square-mile area through its Ameren Missouri and Ameren Illinois rate-regulated utility subsidiaries. Ameren Illinois provides electric transmission and distribution service and natural gas distribution service. Ameren Missouri provides electric generation, transmission and distribution services, as well as natural gas distribution service. Ameren Transmission Company of Illinois operates a rate-regulated electric transmission business in the Midcontinent Independent System Operator, Inc. For more information, visit Ameren.com (https://c212.net/c/link/?t=0&l=en&o=3228409-1&h=4163191186&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ameren.com%2F&a=Ameren.com) , or follow us on Twitter at @AmerenCorp , Facebook.com/AmerenCorp , or LinkedIn.com/company/Ameren .
Ameren is committed to equal employment opportunities and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, genetic information, military service or status, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other class, trait, or status protected by applicable law.