Ameren Project Cost Analyst in St. Louis, Missouri
If end date is listed, the posting will come down at 12:00 am on that date:
About The Position
The Project Cost Analyst is responsible for the initial development of estimated project cost, estimate updates, and the risk profile development and management through project lifecycle. The cost and risk development is considered an analytic and predictive process used to quantify the overall costs associated with each project.
Key responsibilities include:
● Prepares the initial project cost for developing projects based on detailed analysis including parametric and analogous information. Updates estimates and risks as required through project lifecycle.
● Follow an estimating and risk management process that includes the following: capital cost, applicable O&M associated costs, overhead costs, labor analysis, AFUDC estimates, retirement costs, salvage, tax implications, contingency assumptions, and retirement estimates, if applicable.
● Design project cost and risk estimating/tracking reports for use by the Project Manager.
● Assist with developing the project budgets, forecasts, initial cash flow analysis, and project risk profiles.
● Provide assistance with financial planning of projects, financial analysis and project justifications.
● Works closely with project schedulers to ensure integration of cost estimates that are integral to the overall critical path of a project.
● Works closely with internal Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to validate contingency assumptions through the project lifecycle.
● Works in collaboration with Project Managers to ensure that cost is embedded down to the Cost Breakdown Structure (CBS).
● Supports the Project Manager throughout the life cycle of a project to maintain estimate accuracy and implement “Lessons Learned” from previous projects.
● Monitor and enforce standards, policies and procedures established by Transmission, Ameren Corporation and regulatory entities as required.
● Attend pre-budget scoping meetings to understand initial project scope.
● Follow developed processes for updating cost and risk components.
● Validate cost and labor components for individual items by analyzing existing project data, contractor pricing sheets and project change requests.
● Perform accuracy analysis on projects in the close-out phase to compare to estimate baselines.
● Track standards updates to determine necessary cost and risk component changes.
● Manage project scope change process during the project lifecycle.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required. Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business or Construction Management preferred. One year of relevant experience in estimating, budgeting, forecasting, construction management, project scheduling, risk analysis/management, cost analytics or project management is required. A relevant advanced degree may be considered in lieu of experience requirement.
In addition to the above qualifications, the successful candidate will demonstrate:
Experience with financial applications such as UIP, PCM, Primavera, PowerPlant and API is preferred. Experience with EMPRV, TRIS, PeopleSoft and Microsoft Office Suite is preferred. Knowledge of transmission system and corresponding maintenance, operations and construction practices is preferred.
Ameren’s selection process includes a series of interviews and may include a leadership assessment process. Specific details will be provided to qualified candidates. Key Competencies: Champion Learning – must have growth mindset, seek to understand the things they do not know. Think Customer – building relationships with others to get the most efficient work completed. Foster Innovation – consistently seek to improve the output and the means by which we get it.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, genetic information, military service or status, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other class, trait, or status protected by law.
St. Louis-based Ameren Corporation powers the quality of life for 2.4 million electric customers and more than 900,000 natural gas customers in a 64,000-square-mile area through its Ameren Missouri and Ameren Illinois rate-regulated utility subsidiaries. Ameren Illinois provides electric transmission and distribution service and natural gas distribution service. Ameren Missouri provides electric generation, transmission and distribution service, as well as natural gas distribution service. Ameren Transmission Company of Illinois develops, owns and operates rate-regulated regional electric transmission projects. For more information, visit Ameren.com, or follow us on Twitter at @AmerenCorp, Facebook.com/AmerenCorp, or LinkedIn/company/Ameren.