Ameren Graphic Design Specialist in St. Louis, Missouri
If end date is listed, the posting will come down at 12:00 am on that date:
About The Position
The Graphic Design Specialist provides creative design and production management support for a full range of communications projects (e.g. brochures, newsletters, posters, maps, promotional material, etc.).
Key responsibilities include:
● Develop design concepts and oversees their production. Manage the production and quality of printed materials that promote the company.
● Coordinate production and scheduling of various projects, including some Web site graphics, brochures, newsletters, posters, maps, promotional material, program advertising, energy statement visuals, etc.
● Provide direction and assistance in graphic standards and logo design.
● Develop graphic presentations and write scripts in the context of communication plans.
● Develop and produce communication material and deliverables.
● Develop external presentations (e.g. awards).
● Maintain necessary software and/or hardware and upgrading when necessary.
● Identify and maintain required software/hardware needed to perform duties.
● Recommend and utilize (or recommend) best practice graphics technology.
Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Design or related field from an accredited college or university required. Three or more years of experience in a creative role developing design concepts for an advertising agency or in a corporate environment required.
In addition to the above qualifications, the successful candidate will demonstrate:
Proficiency with a Macintosh computer format. Proven ability with QuarkXPress, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop. Knowledge of Adobe Acrobat, Stuffit, Scanning hardware/software, InDesign, MS Office Suite, ftp sites preferred. Understanding of offset and digital printing processes.
Ameren’s selection process includes a series of interviews and may include candidate testing and/or an individual aptitude or skill-based assessment. Specific details will be provided to qualified candidates.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, genetic information, military service or status, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other class, trait, or status protected by law.
St. Louis-based Ameren Corporation powers the quality of life for 2.4 million electric customers and more than 900,000 natural gas customers in a 64,000-square-mile area through its Ameren Missouri and Ameren Illinois rate-regulated utility subsidiaries. Ameren Illinois provides electric transmission and distribution service and natural gas distribution service. Ameren Missouri provides electric generation, transmission and distribution service, as well as natural gas distribution service. Ameren Transmission Company of Illinois develops, owns and operates rate-regulated regional electric transmission projects. For more information, visit Ameren.com, or follow us on Twitter at @AmerenCorp, Facebook.com/AmerenCorp, or LinkedIn/company/Ameren.