Ameren Business Intelligence Engineer in St. Louis, Missouri
If end date is listed, the posting will come down at 12:00 am on that date:
About The Position
● Generates reports and regular datasets or report information for end users, using system tools and database or data warehouse queries and scripts. May create specifications for reports based on business requests.
● Designs, develops and programs methods, processes and systems to consolidate and analyze structured and unstructured data from diverse sources to generate actionable insights and solutions for client services and product enhancement.
● Integrates data from multiple sources to produce requested or required data elements.
● Develops analytics solutions to business problems
● Develops, maintains and communicates dashboards and modelling to support business decisions
Key responsibilities include:
● Builds an understanding of existing models and uses existing parameters/guidelines to prepare data for components of small projects
● Applies best practices and established procedures to analyze data and identify trends
● Builds skills around modeling within the portfolio
● Documents data requirements and works with business users to understand business problems
● Assists in the creation of dashboards and reporting models in a relational database management system
● Engages with business stakeholders to develop understanding of their operations and define how analytics can solve key business problems
● Develops understanding of data science principles, (e.g., data collection and analysis of unstructured data sets, data science model development and machine learning)
● Assists in ongoing maintenance and support of reporting and analytics applications
● Builds understanding of the Digital organization’s objectives, and the impact on own projects
● Assists with implementation of new visualization tools and techniques into production and monitors their performance
● Requests feedback on own work and provides feedback to others
● Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in mathematics, statistics, computer science or business
● 0+ years of relevant experience*
● Will consider candidates without a degree if they show/demonstrate having additional 2+ years of equivalent, relevant experience in tools, systems and initiatives leveraged by Ameren *Career path level depends on applicant experience and credentials
In addition to the above qualifications, the successful candidate will demonstrate:
● Basic knowledge of data visualization data modeling, and data science methodologies/processes
● Working analytical skills to address business problems
● Understanding of agile and waterfall project methodologies and processes
● Ability to manage multiple priorities and to clarify priorities, scope, and requirement in ambiguous situations.
Ameren’s selection process includes a series of interviews and may include a leadership assessment process. Specific details will be provided to qualified candidates. Salary based on successful candidate's background and position's market value.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, genetic information, military service or status, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other class, trait, or status protected by law.
St. Louis-based Ameren Corporation powers the quality of life for 2.4 million electric customers and more than 900,000 natural gas customers in a 64,000-square-mile area through its Ameren Missouri and Ameren Illinois rate-regulated utility subsidiaries. Ameren Illinois provides electric transmission and distribution service and natural gas distribution service. Ameren Missouri provides electric generation, transmission and distribution service, as well as natural gas distribution service. Ameren Transmission Company of Illinois develops, owns and operates rate-regulated regional electric transmission projects. For more information, visit Ameren.com, or follow us on Twitter at @AmerenCorp, Facebook.com/AmerenCorp, or LinkedIn/company/Ameren.