NextEra Energy Meter Electrician A in St Augustine, Florida
Meter Electrician A
Date: Dec 5, 2021
Location(s): St Augustine, FL, US, 32084
Company: NextEra Energy
Requisition ID: 56441
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) is seeking certified Electronic Technician to join our growing team in the Sunshine State! Help keep our communities running and the lights on for our nearly 5 million customers by joining our safe, positive team of skilled Meter Technicians. We offer competitive pay and benefits, a signing bonus of $10,000! Ambitious employees will have opportunities for career growth and development.
Qualified candidates must have successfully completed a state recognized Meter Electrician A craftworker ticket or an electrical engineering degree and be able to provide documentation.
The responsibilities of the job include: testing, repairs, installations, removing, inspecting all types of metering equipment, including primary voltage equipment, in accordance with company design standards and work methods.
Minimum requirements for job:
1) Must have completed apprentice training or equivalent program
2) Must be able to work in direct sunlight or at night
3) Must be able to climb ladders.
1) Operate in a safe manner at all times in accordance with all safety rules.
2) Trouble-shooting solid state data receivers and associated meter circuits.
3) Install and trouble-shoot customer meter data from company meter circuits.
4) Install and maintain various load control interface circuits.
5) Perform revenue protection investigations on self-contained and CT rated metering circuits and facilities in accordance with the MOA.
6) Performs phase angle tests on various field metering installations.
7) Performs dielectric tests on bucket trucks.
8) Installs and maintains various CT and CT/VT rated installations
9) Initial wiring of capacitor bank harnesses.
10) Communicates with Electronic Technician, Laboratory Meter Electrician, and Service Planners on various metering issues.
11) Works with personal computers
12) Untap/retap services (up to 1/0 in size) associated with repairs only.
13) Performs tests on all types of watt hour metering equipment.
• Constr and Skilled Trades Test passed-CAST
Employee Group: Bargaining Unit
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Power Systems Bargaining Unit
Organization: Florida Power & Light Company
Relocation Provided: No
Where permitted by applicable law, NextEra Energy requires all employees and new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination on or before the first day of employment.
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
NextEra Energy provides reasonable accommodation in its application and selection process for qualified individuals, including accommodations related to compliance with conditional job offer requirements, consistent with federal, state, and local laws. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable and permitted by applicable law. To request a reasonable accommodation, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies . Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs