Washington Gas Light Co. Sr Damage Prevention Specialist in Springfield, Virginia
Provides training, data analysis, and liaisons with external agencies to support the Damage Prevention efforts to proactively prevent and reduce third party damages.
Tasks and Responsibilities
• Develops and delivers Damage Prevention training to internal and external customers. Includes coordination with call centers and local damage prevention committees
• Creates, tracks, and analyzes data systems for damage prevention. Performs risk based analysis
• Provides support in the investigation, documentation, and processing of third party damages
• Performs quality assurance audits on field personnel and excavators
• Serves as an expert in the collection and documentation of WG damage data in order to meet various jurisdictional reporting requirements
• Serves as a technical adviser on Damage Prevention practices. Maintains a working knowledge of all regulatory/jurisdictional code requirements and company policies/procedures related to damage prevention. May represent Washington Gas in legal and court proceedings
• Other related duties, tasks, and projects as assigned
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
• Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Business, Education or related field required
• Master's Degree in related discipline preferred
• 5+ Years of experience in related field is required
• Ability to speak fluently in Spanish is preferred.
• Experience in in excavation damage prevention or natural gas operations preferred.
• Demonstrates working knowledge of natural gas industry, including a general working knowledge of natural gas distribution operations.
• Demonstrates working knowledge of Federal, state, and local codes and standards related to damage prevention.
• Demonstrates working knowledge of mapping and documentation systems, and electronic locating equipment.
• Demonstrates ability to establish rapport and effective working relationships with business partners, supervisors and peers.
• Proven ability to use computer software and applications, including Microsoft Office, to share, retrieve, research and present business information.
• Demonstrates ability to effectively communicate complex messages both verbally and in writing to diverse audiences at all organization levels.
• Demonstrates ability to successfully identify deficiencies and resolve disputes with internal and external excavators and damage prevention stakeholders at all levels.
WGL is an EEO employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled
WGL Holdings, Inc. is a public utility holding company and the parent company of WGL, a diversified energy business that provides natural gas, electricity, green power, carbon reduction and energy services. Our calling as a company is to make energy surprisingly easy - for our employees, for our community and for all our customers. WGL and its affiliates are committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status. sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, matriculation, physical or mental disabilities, political affiliation, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.