Washington Gas Light Co. Senior Marketing Specialist in Springfield, Virginia
Serves as senior team member who creates marketing campaigns for customer acquisition for specific target audiences. Creates communications campaigns to help improve customer experience and internal processes and workflows. Measures campaign effectiveness to yield a favorable ROI and to implement recommendations from campaign insights.
Tasks and Responsibilities
• Collaborate with leadership to build and sustain a positive brand position and growing customer base.
• Lead large-scale company projects as the Marketing subject matter expert.
• Oversees all marketing projects for a specified target audience segment that result in integrated marketing campaigns.
• Coordinates with cross-functional department teams to improve business processes and customer communications.
• Collaborates with Sales team to create sales-focused marketing collateral and campaigns.
• Utilizes campaign metrics and best practices to create performance improvement recommendations.
• Provides social media content for campaign-related and segmented audiences, when appropriate.
• Manages vendors and agency partners to optimize budget spend and maintain brand consistency
• Adhere to brand guidelines and act as a brand ambassador to encourage others to do so as well.
• Coordinates with internal IT support to identify and resolve any electronic application-related issues.
• Identifies, evaluates and implements cost-effective solutions to grow the core business, increase capital productivity and support growth initiatives related to digital marketing efforts.
• Utilizes marketing automation, website management and customer relationship platforms to optimize campaign performance.
• Utilizes event strategy best practices to create custom events, leverage event sponsorships and more.
• Develop and manage individual campaign budgets, ensuring they conform to internal controls, regulations, and legal requirements.
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
• Bachelor's Degree business, management, marketing or related discipline
• 5+ Years experience in a professional office environment, including at least 5 years of relevant marketing support experience.
• Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated with proven ability to work independently.
• Demonstrated ability to manage projects from start to finish with minimal supervision.
• Demonstrated ability to establish rapport and effective working relationships with business partners, supervisors, subordinates, and peers.
• Proven capability for developing and implementing sales process strategies.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate complex messages, both verbally and in writing, to diverse internal and external audiences at all organization levels.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, along with a proven ability to draft accurate, concise and appealing marketing pieces. Superior proofreading and editing skills.
• Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret data and to identify relevant issues in solving business problems.
• Demonstrated outstanding organizational skills with the utmost attention to detail.
• Proven ability to use computer software and applications, including Microsoft Office applications, network and internet systems, to share, retrieve, research and present business information.
• Ability to maintain flexibility and a positive attitude while performing in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
• Experience in energy sales/marketing or in a similar field or environment
• Experience with regulatory compliance, especially related to the energy industry
• Proficiency in Salesforce, Pardot, Sitecore, PowerBI
WGL is an EO employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled
WGL is an EEO employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled
WGL Holdings, Inc. is a public utility holding company and the parent company of WGL, a diversified energy business that provides natural gas, electricity, green power, carbon reduction and energy services. Our calling as a company is to make energy surprisingly easy - for our employees, for our community and for all our customers. WGL and its affiliates are committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status. sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, matriculation, physical or mental disabilities, political affiliation, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.