Eversource Energy Senior Construction Representative - Transmission (Western MA) in Springfield, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)
Eversource Energy is the largest Energy delivery company in New England. We support 3.6 million Gas and Electric customers across CT, MA and NH. Be a part of our mission to deliver reliable energy and superior customer service. ENERGY- BRINGS US TOGETHER!!
Role and Scope of Position:
Responsible for managing construction contractor activities in accordance to project plans and specifications for projects in Connecticut, Massachusetts or New Hampshire. This role supports Western MA which includes CT. Observes and inspects construction contractors to ensure adherence to specifications, codes, state/local siting conditions, contract documents, environmental regulations, and safety regulations. Assigned transmission line and/or substation construction projects within an assigned geographic area. Works closely with personnel in Transmission Project Management, Environmental Permitting, Siting, local control center, and Outreach Services. Performs a leadership role in the construction services group by providing guidance and construction management knowledge to construction services staff.
• Individual is assigned projects of medium to high complexity requiring close stakeholder interaction such as large substation construction projects, new transmission line projects, or major transmission facility expansion projects
• Participates in project planning, site walk downs, constructability review, and project meetings
• Participates in contract development and technical review of bids
• Ensures contractor compliance with Federal, State, Local and Eversource environmental and safety programs, policies, rules and regulations.
• Ensures contractor compliance with Eversource standards and procedures
• Manages contract field construction and maintenance activities at transmission and distribution facilities in accordance with approved project documents, established engineering practices, Federal, State and local laws, and construction industry standards to achieve world-class field construction performance.
• Ensures Project Manager and project team are notified of any deviations in construction safety compliance, environmental compliance, schedule, design, materials, budget, and commissioning plans.
• Reviews project design and construction documents to ensure constructability and schedule adherence.
• Reviews project material requirements to identify items that have not been ordered to support the construction project. Coordinate delivery of materials to construction site.
• Attends, participates, and may lead scheduled project meetings
• Conducts on site construction management briefings and prepare reports reflecting project status, schedule and project uncertainties.
• Ability to oversee and coordinate contractor activities.
• May be responsible for development or review of commissioning plans, outage requests, and holds electrical system clearances and take switching orders to support construction projects and or storm restoration.
• Responsible for contractor evaluations, project reconciliations and close out activities following completion of projects.
• May be required to establish accurate and professional communications with customers during a project.
• May be required to work extended hours during certain phases of construction projects.
• Provides substation escort for non-qualified individuals.
• May be required to coordinates, schedule, and provide supervision to Construction Representatives
• Develop and coach Construction Representatives
• Will have storm restoration and emergency assignments.
• Professionally represent Eversource in Manager’s absence at department, customer, and community meetings
• Must obtain and maintain switching and tagging certification.
• OSHA Training.
• Knowledge of applicable safety regulations and codes along with construction standards and regulations.
• Working knowledge of construction methods and procedures.
• Knowledge of energy delivery power systems
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management, related degree or equivalent experience
• Minimum of eight (8) years of related construction experience is required
• Construction experience in Transmission Systems preferred
Licenses & Certifications:
• Valid Motor Vehicle Operator’s License is required
• Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
• Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
• General/Electrical/Transmission ROW construction conditions. Construction activities are performed year-round, work schedule dependent upon specific project
• Must be able to enter ROW and other job sites that are in remote areas with uneven terrain
• Must demonstrate past and continued ability to analyze and solve complex construction problems; and demonstrate the ability to perform incident investigations.
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
• Know the business plan and how your role connects to it
• Identify problems, issues; take responsibility for resolution
• Set high standards for self; deliver quality performance
• Raise ideas for improvement
• Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
• Follow through on commitments made to manager, colleagues, and customers.
• Address difficult or controversial issues and encourage others to do the same.
• Have honest dialogue with others
Manage and Develop People
• Set performance goals that align with department and company goals
• Meet regularly with your supervisor/manager to discuss your performance
• Seek opportunities to develop skills and gain knowledge through on the job opportunities, i.e. working on projects, attending meetings, etc.
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
• Work collaboratively within and across the organization to achieve “One Company” and other goals
• Recognize and address cross functional implications of your work
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
• Incorporate the diverse ideas and perspectives of team, colleagues, and customers in your work
• Proactively seek out opportunities to improve business performance and customer service.
• Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
• Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to support changes in priorities and work processes
Focus on the Customer
• Deliver superior service to our customers, both internal and external, in a reliable, attentive, courteous, quality, proactive and timely manner
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs