Eversource Energy Project Controls Specialist, Gas Operations in Springfield, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)The Specialist performs project control (PC) functions with a focus on program and project cost controls. A successful candidate will be able to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders by helping to maintain consistent practices and approaches across all gas business units. The project controls specialist will be responsible for analyzing, reporting, and forecasting program and project related costs and will take a proactive role in resolving disputed or improperly applied contract billing.
- Reviews, analyzes, and initiates corrective action in resolving difficult or complex invoice irregularities. Serves as liaison and meets with vendors, Treasury and/or Accounts Payable personnel to reconcile invoice irregularities and disputes.
- Collaborates with contractors/vendors regarding the review of project plans, estimates, costs, contracts, schedules, and resources.
- Assists with the development and implementation of project controls and monitors procedures to ensure the achievement of project scope, schedule, and cost objectives.
- Collects, analyzes, and reports on project data and costs from various stakeholders
- Prepares the work breakdown and project coding structure for control and integrity of work to be performed as defined by the contracts.
- Accumulates and compiles accurate cost management data to prepare the project budget and update the progress of the projects
- Develops, monitors, tracks, analyzes, forecasts and reports on project budgets, estimates to completion, expenditures, project progress and productivity, workplans and schedules and projects cost at completion
- Provides detailed project and program management cost analysis reports to Project Managers, Engineering and Plant Accounting.
- Evaluates and reports the cost impact scope changes and/or productivity changes and recommends corrective actions, as necessary.
- Reconciles project cost to establish accurate historical project data for future use.
- Evaluate and report the cost impact of scope changes and/or productivity changes.
- Prepares un-vouchered liabilities to ensure that all financial impacts are properly reflected on the company’s financial statements.
- Leads internal collaboration sessions with stakeholders to discuss best practices and promote consistent contract utilization.
- Functional accounting practices and procedures
- Computerized accounting and purchasing systems
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of Purchasing and Accounts Payable modules and corresponding processes
- Competency in Eversource's accounting methods and budgeting process and systems including, UVLs and Microsoft software, especially Excel, is desirable. Familiarity with the "Project Management Institute's Body of Knowledge" is highly desirable.
- Good verbal and written communications skills
- Bachelor’s in Finance or equivalent discipline, Engineering degree preferred.
- Three (3) plus years of experience preferably in project controls
- Proven ability to effectively interact with technical, organizational, and maintenance functions to deliver material project, program, or ongoing initiative results within an operating facility.
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Communicate priorities and goals (company, department, team)
Manage and Develop People
- Set realistic performance objectives and expectations
Focus on the Customer
- Ensure that everyone on the team understands our customer promise and provides superior customer service
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
JOIN OUR TEAM!
Come make a difference and work for an employer who is a leader in the industry. We have a great working environment, excellent compensation and benefit programs, and opportunities for growth.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs