Eversource Energy Manager, Innovation and Compliance, Gas (Hybrid) in Springfield, Massachusetts
Role and Scope of Position:
Responsible for managing a specialized team that focuses on exploring new technologies within the gas distribution industry, maintain as-builts and documentation for I&R facilities, standardize designs and processes while establishes performance metrics for Project Engineering, and ensure compliance with special permitting processes like EFSB (Energy Facility Sitting Board), and MEPA filing while exploring alternate solutions.
This is a hybrid position. The first three months are full-time in the office.
- Leads and manages projects requiring special or long lead permitting like EFSB and MEPA (Massachusetts Environmental Policy Act). Develops outreach strategies and works on integrated planning. Develops and maintains effective relationships with stakeholder groups, task forces or work groups representing the Company’s industry interests.
- Creates and maintains a database for I&R facilities to include information of the facilities and system, photos, as-builts, maintenance procedures, construction schedule of ongoing work etc. Works with asset team and I&R to integrate the risk scoring and inspection data into the database.
- Creates and maintains a document library to standardize processes and training across all companies. Responsible for all standardized I&R design documents.
- Develops reporting for monitoring engineering performance. Assists in developing strategies for improvement based on emerging issues.
- Directs the development and execution of process improvement initiatives to support the enhancement of engineering work practices, processes, and procedures.
- Identifies and prioritizes engineering enhancements with support from key stakeholders including operations, I&R, system operations, etc.
- Performs internal audits, QA/QC to ensure regulatory compliance and mitigate risks.
- Evaluates new technologies, proposed methods of construction, procedures, materials, and implements across the three companies (i.e., CIPL, Intero, etc.).
- Serves as a Technical liaison between Project Engineering and internal / external stakeholders.
- Facilitates compliance efforts by overseeing and providing technical assistance where required, including, but not limited to, identifying, and evaluating program areas and/or any compliance issues, recommending solutions, and their associated cost estimates, providing training and education and oversight of compliance efforts as required.
- Reviews external state and federal agency audit findings and prepare responses and/or recommendations.
- Thorough knowledge of Gas systems, I&R facilities, and associated engineering, construction, testing, operating, and maintenance activity.
- Thorough knowledge of federal and state regulatory criteria and industry codes and standards pertaining to the natural gas industry.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated high standard of professional technical competence.
- Demonstrated ability to function in a managerial capacity. Ability to influence and lead others.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering is required.
- Advanced degree or MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the technical, operations or engineering aspects of the gas utility industry
Licenses & Certifications:
- Professional Engineering License preferred
Compensation and Benefits:
- Eversource offers a competitive total rewards program. The salary range for this position starts at $140580.00 to $156200.00, plus incentive. Salary is commensurate with your experience. Check out the career site for an overview of benefits.
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
- This position is categorized as safety-sensitive for the purpose of drug testing. Successful applicants shall be subject to a pre-assignment drug test if the individual is currently in a non-safety sensitive position. As an employee in this position the individual shall be subject to random drug testing. A positive drug test will result in disciplinary action.
Mental Aspects : Leadership Behaviors/Competencies:
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Cascade and translate strategies into action plans.
- Communicate goals and priorities (company, department, team); ensure line of sight
- Drive accountability/monitor progress
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Role model honesty and integrity in all communication and actions
- Balance “getting results” with concern for individual needs
- Have honest dialogue with employees; get to know them
- Track commitments and follow-up
Manage and Develop People
- Create individual development plans with direct reports
- Set realistic performance objectives
- Give ongoing, honest feedback; coach for success
- Differentiate performance and provide rewards and recognition
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Surface and address competing goals
- Encourage cooperation/remove obstacles between functions
- Conduct teambuilding/development processes
- Encourage collaboration
- Guide team in translating organizational goals into day-to-day work
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Involve employees/seek input in decision making, on continuous improvement ideas and change
- Diversify staff, where possible, in hiring/promotions
- Seek opportunities to utilize diverse suppliers
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to successfully develop and implement changes in strategy, priorities and work processes
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
- Act optimistically to influence others to embrace change
Focus on the Customer
- Ensure that we have processes in place to deliver on our customer promise and provide superior customer service
- Be a role model for the business on delivering superior customer service
Please submit a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs