Eversource Energy Gas Service Technician & Fitter in Springfield, Massachusetts
POSITION: Service Technician A/Fitter
LOCATION: Springfield, MA
STARTING RATE OF PAY: $48.62 p/hour
**Union Represented Position**
Under general supervision the Service Technician A/Fitter is responsible for performing assigned duties, in accordance with Company Safety Standards and in compliance with Company, State and Federal Codes and Regulations for duties described below. The Service Technician A/Fitter is responsible for successfully completing all OJT tasks and examinations as required.
- Perform work consistent with training provided and/or skills attained or held.
- Install, set, remove, turn on, and turn off gas meters as assigned.
- Complete meter exchanges.
- Relight customer gas appliances after exchanges, for seasonal light-ups, or after repairs.
- Perform account investigations as assigned.
- Conduct atmospheric corrosion inspections and inside leak surveys with leak detection equipment.
- Diagnose problems, make adjustments to company equipment, red tag equipment and/or house lines, and use independent judgement when necessary.
- Use company approved gauges and leak detection equipment to test service and house lines.
- Investigate, locate and repair or report gas leaks.
- Repair leaks on jurisdictional pipe and adjust, repair, or replace regulators as needed.
- Perform all phases of gas piping including installation and/or relocation of gas meters, house lines, regulators, regulator vents, etc. in accordance with the MA Fuel Gas Code.
- Measure, cut, and thread pipe.
- Cut holes in walls, floors, foundations, etc. with appropriate tools.
- Bolt or fasten pipe to hangers.
- Utilize iPad or other electronic device to receive job assignments, update status, complete the appropriate forms for work assigned, and complete daily time sheet.
- First responder to emergencies and protecting life and property.
- Assist in and/or perform all duties of job and perform other similar or related work as assigned.
- Possess and retain MA Journeyman Gas Fitter’s and or MA Plumber’s License
- Possess and retain unrestricted MA Vehicle Operator’s License.
- Possess a High School Diploma or GED.
- Be proficient in all phases of gas piping work.
- Obtain and maintain all applicable Operator Qualifications.
- Pass DOT physical and maintain required certifications.
- Pass DOT drug screen if not in currently in a covered position.
- Be in good physical condition with ability to perform strenuous labor.
- Be able to climb ladders and work at heights.
- Be able to think clearly and quickly and make good decisions.
- Be regular in attendance and have a good safety record.
- Be willing and able to accept shift and emergency assignments and work overtime as necessary.
- Have the ability to perform assignments safely.
- Residency requirement: must live in Springfield service territory per Labor Agreement.
Successful candidate will be required to bid a shift by bargaining unit seniority date. This schedule is subject to change for vacations, extended illnesses and/or in accordance with the Labor Agreement.
Successful candidate is eligible for automatic increases to maximum job rate in accordance with the Labor Agreement.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs