Eversource Energy Engineering Designer, Electrical Projects (Hybrid) in Springfield, Massachusetts
Plans, coordinates, and monitors performance of project design activities for Distribution Engineering. Responsible for the design of multiple and/or large complex overhead and underground electric distribution projects. Design projects include line relocations to facilitate state and municipal roadway relocations and bridge reconstruction, third party attachment and build out, reliability and obsolescence improvements and replacements and yearly capital plan and programming. Acts as an official company representative to internal work forces and external contractors engaged in the construction of distribution facilities. The incumbent will be responsible for project budget and performance tracking.
- Responsible for project management to ensure complex work is completed on time; designs, plans, allocates and coordinates all resources relevant to a project, including budget, staffing and materials; identifies and monitors projects requiring performance improvements and recommends adjustments to keep on track.
- Responsible for project design including material coordination, local, state and environmental permitting, rights, easements and petitions.
- Interfaces with appropriate departments to ensure the proper design and efficient construction of distribution projects.
- Establishes a course of action for self and/or others to accomplish goals; plans proper assignments of personnel and appropriate allocation of resources.
- Serves as liaison with internal and external customers (i.e., company employees, customers, town/city and state officials); anticipates customer needs; gives high priority to customer satisfaction; communicates Eversource’s requirements for electric service installation.
- Recommends changes to construction methods, standards, and the electric system.
- Designs layouts for Electric Reliability, Underground Network, System Automation, Target Equipment, Voltage Conversions, State Highway and Municipal projects, service additions and changes to the Company electric system using Company approved standards and policies. Performs technical calculations and prepares work orders as assigned.
- Participates in weekly AWC Planning and Scheduling meetings to coordinate project requirements for both customer and annual projects job types with the Resource Planner and the local scheduler.
- Monitors and guides work group in achieving established department and corporate goals.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Intermediate knowledge of applicable safety regulations and codes (National Electric Safety Code) and design construction standards and regulations.
- Working Knowledge of construction methods and procedures. Knowledge of energy delivery power systems.
- The ability to learn and utilize available information technologies.
- Has achieved an intermediate level of technical and professional skills/knowledge in job-related areas.
- Keep abreast of current trends and develops in area(s) of expertise.
- Ability to work with Microsoft Office Suite (Microsoft Word and Excel).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of National Electric Code.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or comparable field of study or the equivalent in combined education and experience.
- Three (3) to Five (5) years of related experience.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Must hold a valid motor vehicle operator’s license.
- Electrical License preferred
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
- Position requires work in an office environment, at customer locations, on construction sites and in the field opening various electrical equipment.
- Requires the use of company provided PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
Please include a resume with your application.
Compensation and Benefits:
Eversource offers a competitive total rewards program. The annual salary range for this position is $83,120.00 to $92,350.00, plus incentive. Salary is commensurate with your experience. Check out the career site for an overview of our benefits.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs