Eversource Energy Associate Scheduler Planner in Springfield, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)
THIS POSITION IS ALSO BEING POSTED AT THE SCHEDULER PLANNER LEVEL (R-013035); HOWEVER ONLY ONE POSITION WILL ULTIMATELY BE FILLED.
This position is responsible for planning, organizing and managing the Electric Operations field workload through accurate forecasting, staffing calculations, scheduling and management reports. Prepares work schedules for district operations through analysis of projected workload, resource requirements and prescribed time frames. Ensures that work plans, and schedules facilitate timely and cost-effective completion of all capital workload including new business, compliance and mandated work, system reliability, and maintenance and construction.
- Assists with planning and scheduling daily work assignments for the Construction, Maintenance departments.
- Ensures work is scheduled appropriately to meet both customer and compliance deadlines.
- Ensures that work-plans and schedules facilitate timely and cost-effective completion of all capital workload including new business, compliance and mandated work, system reliability, and maintenance and construction.
- Works collaboratively across the organization to achieve company’s strategies and goals;
- Builds and maintains daily and weekly work schedules for Construction, Maintenance and crews and personnel;
- Ensures that area resources are available to meet work demands; responsible for scheduling all work in the order of priority that will ensure compliance deadlines and customer needs are fully met;
- Responsible for scheduling daily work assignments in a manner that optimizes crew productivity and minimizes overtime expenditures;
- Assists with organizing and facilitating weekly planning meetings with Operating department personnel; weekly communication of the work plan to Operating department personnel;
- Daily monitoring of actual work completed compared to the work plan;
- Prepares the weekly/annual construction schedule utilizing scheduling software such as Primavera;
- Assists with district liaison activities with local and municipal officials; Resolves customer issues and concerns as required.
- Knowledge of database systems and reporting tools.
- Demonstrated skill in workload planning and resource allocation.
- Demonstrated competency and proficiency in oral and written communications; is customer driven; displays initiative;
- Makes sound decisions to support the mission;
- Applies knowledge and skill to solve problems and responds promptly, appropriately and constructively to employees.
- Requires working and technical knowledge of Planning and Scheduling demands.
- Ability to use PC desktop applications (e.g. Click Schedule, Maximo, Microsoft Office, Work Management and Primavera).
- Strong analytical skills and demonstrated skill in the workload planning and resource allocation.
- Requires Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business Administration, related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of Electric Operations; Gas Operations or Transmission preferred, in direct correlation with business and area of job opening.
- Work is performed primarily in an office environment which requires visits to job sites and municipalities on an as needed basis.
- Job can require spending time driving to different geographic locations, including CT/MA/NH.
- Storm duty assignment as required.
Mental Aspects :
- Work includes analyzing implementing and coordinating. This role works in an environment that often requires the performance of multiple simultaneous activities, where deadlines need to be met and work is performed under pressure while involving significant business commitments and results.
Please include a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs