UNS Energy Corporation PdM Coordinator (I-II) in Springerville, Arizona
Tucson Electric Power, one of Arizona's leading utility companies, is seeking candidates for the position of PdM Coordinator at it's power plant facility in Springerville. The Springerville Generating Station operates four coal-fired units north of Springerville - a small town community located near the beautiful White Mountains in northeastern Arizona at an elevation of approximately 7000 feet. This area is noted for it's four seasons and year round activities; including hunting, fishing, snow skiing, hiking, mountain biking and more. Presenting an excellent opportunity for those who enjoy living in a small-town environment, yet within 30 minutes of Sunrise Ski Resort and 3-4 hours from Flagstaff, Phoenix, Tucson and Albuquerque.
*This posting will remain open until filled and may close at any time. *UNS Energy offers a generous package of salary, benefits and compensation. Our benefits package includes a 401k plan with a generous Company match, a Company sponsored pension plan, tuition reimbursement, life insurance, long-term disability insurance and much more.
Candidates must pass all qualifying tests, interview, background check, drug screen, physical exam; strength and agility.
_PdM Coordinator I: _Collects and analyzes PdM data including vibration, infrared, oil, ultrasound, and electrical. Assist in the installation of data collection hardware for route and online data collection. Prepare and distribute equipment condition assessments with recommendations for improved reliability. Provide technical expertise to Springerville Generating Station personnel based on industry best practices.
_PdM Coordinator II: _In addition to the PdM Coordinator I, the PdM Coordinator II applies advanced diagnostic tools, develops and maintains databases, manages capital projects, provides root cause analysis on equipment failures, as well as lead initiatives to improve plant equipment reliability.
_Essential Functions:_[As defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, these include the following responsibilities, minimum job knowledge, skills, and abilities. This is not necessarily an all-inclusive listing.]
Position-Related Responsibilities: PMO Coordinator I
- Applies predictive maintenance technologies (vibration, infrared, oil, ultrasound, electrical) for early detection of equipment failures.
- Demonstrates a good working knowledge of plant processes as well as maintenance best practices.
- Possess an understanding of maintenance strategies – run to failure, preventive, and predictive, and the appropriate application of each.
- Provides condition assessment of plant equipment and makes appropriate recommendations to increase lead time for repairs and reduce down time.
- Demonstrates the ability and willingness to learn new skills and technology which will include both on and off-site training.
- Ability to obtain an ISO Category II vibration certification or Level I infrared (for those with an electrical background) certification within one year.
- Communicates timely information to customers.
- Ability to exercise effective decision making when committing significant resources to meet PdM strategies.
- Plans activities to limit time delays, equipment down time, and load reduction. Demonstrates knowledge of plant process by considering potential impact of all activities.
- Utilize CMMS system within the work process to aid in work identification for planning and scheduling.
- Ability to demonstrate safe work habits when working around rotating and energized equipment.
- Ensures compliance with company policies, practices, and procedures.
- Reports to PdM Supervisor and performs other assignments as requested.
Position-Related Responsibilities: PdM Coordinator II: (In addition to the responsibilities of a PdM Coordinator I)
- Develops and designs specifications for diagnostic testing and monitoring of plant equipment.
- Performs advanced diagnostic testing to recommend corrective actions for problem equipment.
- Develops and maintains up to date databases for PdM technologies.
- Installs, commissions, and troubleshoots online vibration monitoring systems as well as acquire and analyze online data.
- Participate and lead root cause analysis, make recommendations for corrective actions, and verify / validate those corrective actions.
- Develops initiatives to improve plant reliability, reduce costs and downtime, and increase safety awareness.
- Directs capital projects on time and within budget.
- Exhibits the ability to perform comprehensive technical studies and make recommendations in a timely fashion. Demonstrates the ability to identify viable alternatives to maintenance and operational practices within budgetary guidelines.
- Reports to PdM Supervisor and performs other assignments as requested.
Management Responsibilities:PdM_ Coordinator I_
- Comply with the Company’s management principles, policies and programs.
- Comply with the terms and conditions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Assume fiduciary responsibility for operating the business and provide recommendations on cost improvement measures.
Management Responsibilities:*PdM_ Coordinator II_
Ensure that the Company’s management principles, policies and programs are consistently practiced and continually support the Affirmative Action Plan.
- Comply with and administer the terms and conditions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Assume fiduciary responsibility for operating the business and provide recommendations on cost improvement measures.
- Ensure that the Performance Management program is administered uniformly and effectively.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities, PdM Coordinator I(Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.)
- Knowledge of plant processes and operations, skills in equipment condition assessment and reliability preferred. Knowledge of equipment, parts and plant layout. Journeyman experience preferred.
- Computer skills necessary to complete job requirements; mathematics skills to perform technical evaluation/analysis.
- Possess effective verbal and written skills, including writing technical reports.
- Ability to obtain ISO Category II vibration certification or level I infrared (for those with an electrical background) certification within one year.
- Must demonstrate good communication, leadership, and teamwork skills.
- Ability to identify viable alternatives to operations and maintenance practices and problems; quickly learn technical skills; prepare and interpret technical reports.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities, PdM Coordinator II(Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.)
- Bachelor of Science in engineering, mathematics, chemistry, or related field and/or ISO Category III vibration certification or Level II infrared (for those with an electrical background) certification and related predictive maintenance experience.
- Knowledge of: plant processes and operations, equipment, parts and plant layout; budget preparation and analysis techniques. A general knowledge of the TEP labor agreement terms and conditions, and the Companies policies and procedures preferred
- Ability to perform advanced diagnostic testing and make accurate recommendations to management for corrective actions.
- Successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously and complete on schedule and within budget.
- Develop and implement programs to improve plant reliability.
- Experience with CSI, Flir, UE, System One, and/or PDMA equipment and software is preferred.
Job Competencies: [as more fully described in the Performance Management Reference Manual]
Dealing with Ambiguity
Additional Job Competencies for PMO Coordinator II
Tracking the progress of jobs and projects
All employees are expected and required to adhere to the Company Code of Ethics and Principles of Conduct.
Company: Tucson Electric Power
Location: Springerville, AZ
Job Category: Maintenance
Position Type: Unclassified