UNS Energy Corporation Maintenance Planner - SGS in Springerville, Arizona
Tucson Electric Power, one of Arizona's leading utility companies, is seeking candidates for the position of Maintenance Planner (Electrical/Instrumentation) at it's power plant facility in Springerville. The Springerville Generating Station operates four coal-fired units north of Springerville - a small town community located near the beautiful White Mountains in northeastern Arizona at an elevation of approximately 7000 feet. This area is noted for it's four seasons and year round activities; including hunting, fishing, snow skiing, hiking, mountain biking and more. Presenting an excellent opportunity for those who enjoy living in a small-town environment, yet within 30 minutes of Sunrise Ski Resort and 3-4 hours from Flagstaff, Phoenix, Tucson and Albuquerque. * *
*This position will remain open until filled, and may close at any time. *UNS Energy offers a generous package of salary, benefits and compensation. Our benefits package includes a 401k plan with a generous Company match, a Company sponsored pension plan, tuition reimbursement, life insurance, long-term disability insurance and much more.
The primary duty of Maintenance Planner is to analyze, plan, and coordinate the work of the assigned section through the use of the work planning process. The Planner works closely with Maintenance, Operations, Material Coordinator, Technical Services as well as other support personnel to accomplish this duty.
**Essential Functions:_ [As defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, these include the following responsibilities, minimum job knowledge, skills, and abilities. This is not necessarily an all-inclusive listing.]_
- Receives corrective work requests; develops job plans and job steps, develops estimates of materials, labor and submits request for parts needed to the Materials Coordinator in order to maintain optimum plant availability
- Administers the preventive and predictive work order database for assigned area
- Develops and maintains all maintenance, operational and vehicle fleet CMMS activities and information.
- Develops flow charts (outage schedules) utilizing the critical path technique to develop cost estimates, labor requirements and duration of planned outages
- Verifies the availability of the assigned areas spare part inventory
- Maintains plant equipment database and history in the area of responsibility for reporting purposes
- Conducts research and prepares reports for the assembly of equipment maintenance history and replacement costs.
- Provides supervision of the maintenance sections assigned in the absence of the Maintenance Supervisor or upgraded Craftsperson
- Responsible for the Safety of your fellow workers at the station. Assists in accident investigations as required.
- Assists in the development of budgets and monitoring for compliance
- Responsible for Credit Card purchases, direct issue material purchases and reconciliation
- Responsible for initiating a request to obtain approval for additional hazardous material needed in the assigned area.
- Ensure that the Company’s management principles, policies and programs are consistently practiced and to continually support the Affirmative Action Plan.
- Comply with and administer the terms and conditions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Assume fiduciary responsibility for operating the business and provide recommendations on cost improvement measures.
- Ensure that the Performance Management program is administered uniformly and effectively.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- 8 years journeyman-level experience in power station maintenance or operations, or an associate’s degree
- Ability to diagnose maintenance problems, determine repair methods and plan maintenance activities
- Verbal communication skills and written communication skills utilizing Microsoft applications i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel etc.
- Budgeting preparation and analysis a plus
- Maximo, PaSTA , Project and/or Primavera a plus.
- Principles and practices of supervision
- TEP policies and procedures
- Strong Electrical and/or Instrumentation background - 8 years journeyman-level experience in power plant maintenance preferred
Job Competencies: [as more fully described in the Performance Management Reference Manual]
All employees are expected and required to adhere to the Company Code of Ethics and Principles of Conduct.
Company: Tucson Electric Power
Location: Springerville, AZ
Job Category: Maintenance
Position Type: Unclassified