ConEdison Sr Specialist - OR Substations - Compliance in Spring Valley, New York
Sr Specialist - OR Substations - Compliance
Posting Expiration Date:Jul 16, 2023
Organization:OR Substation Operations
Department:OR Eastern Substation
Section:SUBST OPS - Eastern Substn
Location:NY-Spring Valley-Spring Valley Distribution Ctr
Maintenance Trainer (https://careers.coned.com/jobs/12812666-operations-trainer)
Sr. Analyst - Commodity Operations - Commodities Procurement & Scheduling
Supervisor, Substation Operations, Maintenance and Construction, Various Locations (https://careers.coned.com/jobs/12805644-supervisor)
Clean Energy Engineering Manager (EEDM)
Sr Planning Analyst (Market), Utility of the Future (https://careers.coned.com/jobs/12805241-sr-planning-analyst)
Chief Construction Inspector CME
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
Ensures implementation of Company safety, health and environmental programs for employees whose work is directed. Ensures that safe work practices are followed and the environment is fully protected in accordance with Company policy and governmental regulations.
Commitment to the Way We Work Principles, and adhere to the Company's Standards of Business Conduct and other Company procedures including Environmental, Health and Safety (''EH&S''), Equal Employment Opportunity (''EEO''), discipline, and security.
Is dedicated to enhancing the Customer Experience, both within the Company and externally and demonstrates a commitment to the ideal of developing a proactive, customer-centric culture to foster trust and confidence among customers and improve value for all our stakeholders.
Provide guidance to Substation Operation personnel to ensure compliance of with all regulatory, EH&S and departmental policy and procedures.
Maintain and develop the procedures necessary to ensure regulatory, EH&S and departmental policy and procedure compliance for the organization.
Develop and maintain a method to store evidence of NERC and NPCC compliance.
Develop and maintain a method to track upcoming compliance deadlines and work with Substation Management team to ensure compliance activities are completed before their associated deadline.
Ensure Substations is fully compliant with regulatory, EH&S and departmental policies and procedures.
Develop and implement mitigation plans if situations of noncompliance arise in Substations.
Perform inspection/audits of field crews to ensure procedural compliance.
Develop and maintain a strong working knowledge of NERC and RRO (eg NPCC and RF) mandatory reliability standards applicable to O&R as the company is registered on the compliance registry, and standards development, implementation and auditing processes.
Perform day-to-day technical and administrative tasks associated with O&R's NERC Standards Compliance Program including coordination of existing standards review across the appropriate operating and engineering areas; ensure the necessary documentation exists to support auditable compliance prior to certifications to regulatory entities.
Assist in processing the timely, accurate and well-documented submittal of data as necessary.
Assist in preparation of audit document packages for submittal to regulatory agencies.
Conduct routine assessment of the compliance program's required actions, maintain schedules, monitor performance, and actively promote continuous improvement therein.
Coordinate compliance activity with appropriate CECONY personnel, neighboring companies, and regulatory contacts to ensure that joint activity commitments are being addressed, and best practices are being employed.
Conduct audits associated with contractor oversight and utilization.
Monitor NERC and RRO for proposed new or revised reliability standards and requirements applicable to Substations/Relay. Provide feedback on proposals, monitor regulatory approval process, and keep Substations/Relay department management personnel informed of developments. Create compliance program and procedures to ensure compliance with new or revised requirements, in accordance with effective dates of new/revised requirements and implementation schedules.
Perform other related duties, as required.
- Bachelor's Degree Engineering, Business, Information Technology, Organizational Management or a technical field. and 3 years in the electric power industry or regulatory agency.
Relevant Work Experience
Must have a minimum of 3 years' experience working in the electric power industry or regulatory agency. Regulatory, Compliance, Audit, or Internal Controls administration experience is highly preferred. Required
Must have experience with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Required
Must have demonstrated attention to detail in project work. Experience working in teams. Required
Must have demonstrated ability to adhere to schedules and meet deadlines. Required
Must have demonstrated performance of value-added assignments. Required
Familiarity with NERC Reliability Standards applicable to O&R's registrations is preferred Preferred
Familiarity applying the Bulk Electric System (BES) Definition to electric power systems is preferred. Preferred
Skills & Ability
Effective interpersonal skills
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Well organized, detail oriented and flexible to handle multiple assignments
Ability to drive multiple projects to successful completion
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
Other Physical Demands
Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Must be able to participate in the Company's emergency management processes and storm plans as required.
Must be willing to attend meetings and conferences outside of the Company service territory as needed
Technical Difficulty Statement
- For technical issues, please contact us at [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.