Con Edison Project Specialist - OR Transmission & Substation in Spring Valley, New York
Project Specialist - OR Transmission & Substation
Posting Expiration Date: Mar 28, 2024
Schedule Type: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: $105000
Maximum Salary: $135000
Organization: OR Electric Engineering
Department: OR Subst & Trans Engineering
Section: ELEC ENG - Subst & Trans Engr
Location: NY-Spring Valley-Spring Valley Operations Ctr
Engineer, OR Customer Service - New Business Services (https://careers.coned.com/jobs/14049916-engineer)
Sr Engineer Compliance, OR Electrical Engineering - Distribution (https://careers.coned.com/jobs/14034699-sr-engineer)
Project Specialist, OR Electrical Engineering - Distribution Engineering
Technical Associate, (EP) Engineering & Planning, Distributed Energy Services (https://careers.coned.com/jobs/14017031-technical-associate-ep-engineering-and-planning-distributed-energy-services)
Sr Engineer - Construction Management Electric
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
Serve as Project Specialist for Overhead Transmission or Substation Projects. The Project Specialist is responsible to plan, organize and direct all activities for the engineering, design, procurement and construction of capital and O&M projects within transmission and substation engineering.
Prepare white papers, obtain capital rulings, develop project budgets, and prepare appropriations.
Provide technical reviews of specifications, drawings, contracts, addendums, and other construction documents to ensure constructability and compliance with Orange and Rockland standards and specifications.
Ensure schedule and financial adherence to projects are being maintained. Provide scheduled updates on the engineering, construction and budget status of projects.
Maximize diagnostic tool application such as MS Project, as well as other financial and project management tools to effectually oversee construction projects.
Plan, organize and direct all activities for the engineering, design, procurement and construction of capital and O&M projects & programs.
Provide technical review of construction documents (layouts, specifications, drawings, addendums, contracts. etc.) for constructability, design criteria, cost and schedule.
Work closely with manufacturers, contractors, and suppliers relative to their proposals, project performance, specification of materials, and processing of invoices for payment in accordance with their performance under contract.
Coordinate activities of field personnel with contractors and/or other departments. Maintain a strong field presence by monitoring construction activities.
Take preventative and corrective actions to minimize deviations from the project scope.
Track accounts payable and project expenses using Oracle BI-Business Intelligence Application. Forecast monthly capital and O&M project budgets. Provide departmental updates on the current status and progress of projects, including the update of the Living Budget.
Collaborate with the Real Estate Department to acquire property and easement rights for substation and transmission projects.
Attends departmental meetings and serves on committees as required.
Participate in the Company's Emergency Response Plan through a designated storm assignment.
Performs other related assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree Technical or related discipline and 5 years of related work experience Engineering design, construction management or project management specific to transmission and substation projects is required.
- Bachelor's Degree Civil, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
Relevant Work Experience
Experience with electric overhead transmission and substation construction. Required
Knowledge and experience in the areas of engineering and design, construction management, purchasing, scheduling, quality assurance, cost control, and Environmental, Health & Safety requirements. Required
Detailed knowledge of specifications, drawings, contract documents, prints and diagrams. Required
Experience in project engineering &/or project management Required
Must be well organized, detail oriented and flexible to handle multiple assignments and deadlines. Required
Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills, and have the ability to effectively interact with customers, support staff, and various levels of management. Required
Must have strong analytical, technical and interpersonal skills. Required
Must have demonstrated the ability to work on a team with other employees. Required
Computer literacy with proficiency in Windows environments is required - Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Project. Required
Must show ability to apply good individual judgment, initiative, creativity and decision making in the handling of assignments. Required
Licenses & Certifications
Driver's License Required
Professional Engineer (PE) Preferred
Project Management Professional (PMP) Preferred
Other Physical Demands
Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
- For technical issues, please contact us at [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.