Con Edison Analyst - Work Management System in Spring Valley, New York
Analyst - Work Management System
Posting Expiration Date: Jun 1, 2023
Schedule Type: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: $80000
Maximum Salary: $100000
Organization: OR Project Management
Department: OR Project Management
Section: PROJ MGT Ops Perf & Support
Location: NY-Spring Valley-Spring Valley Operations Ctr
Maintenance Trainer (https://careers.coned.com/jobs/12812666-operations-trainer)
Sr. Analyst - Commodity Operations - Commodities Procurement & Scheduling
Supervisor, Substation Operations, Maintenance and Construction, Various Locations (https://careers.coned.com/jobs/12805644-supervisor)
Clean Energy Engineering Manager (EEDM)
Sr Planning Analyst (Market), Utility of the Future (https://careers.coned.com/jobs/12805241-sr-planning-analyst)
Chief Construction Inspector CME
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
Commitment to the Way We Work Principles and adhere to the Company's Standards of Business Conduct and other Company procedures including Environmental, Health and Safety (''EH&S''), Equal Employment Opportunity (''EEO''), discipline, and security.
Proficient in the logic and scope of O&R's Work Management System (WMS).
Oversees the general operation of WMS to ensure optimal performance. Raises any observations to management and works collectively to address/resolve.
Collaborates and meets with users to identify and develop enhancements to WMS.
Participates in troubleshooting system problems and helps resolve them.
Gains an understanding of various Company system interfaces that serve and assist Operations in performing their job functions.
Develops functional scope and design documents for enhancements to WMS.
Works in teams to develop new functionality within WMS and with system interfaces. This involves developing screen layouts and system interactions, testing, and problem solving.
Learns and stays current on the fundamental business practices of Electric, Substations and Gas Operations.
Creates, develops, and executes WMS training.
Support Operations with analyses and reporting needs.
Works with vendors to install software packages and/or support the application environment.
Creates clear and well-organized documentation for all procedures developed and\or supported.
Participates in disaster recovery planning and drills
Actively participates in the Company's emergency management processes and storm response.
Must be available 24/7, and available to be on call and/or participate in off-hour emergency response activities as required.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 2 years relevant work experience or
Associate's Degree and a minimum of 4 years relevant work experience or
High School Diploma/GED and a minimum of 5 years relevant work experience
Relevant Work Experience
Fully proficient with Microsoft Office products including Excel, Outlook, and Word. Required
Must be well organized and detail oriented with the flexibility to handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines. Required
Must have excellent written, communication and interpersonal skills and be able to communicate/present effectively with all levels of the company, as well as customers and external vendors. Required
Must be able to work effectively in a team setting. Required
Demonstrated leadership and communication experience. Required
Understanding of utility business model (e.g., services provided, current events) and WMS function (e.g., objective, role, deliverables). Required
Demonstrated critical thinking capabilities and proactive qualities Required
Work experience with SQL, MS Access, Power BI, Tableau, Maximo, or other work management systems. Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must respond to system emergencies
Other Physical Demands
Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory and to other Company locations, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
- For technical issues, please contact us at [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.