Great River Energy Electrical Engineer in Spiritwood, North Dakota
Location: Jamestown, ND
Your perspective is powerful. To do what’s never been done before, we need to think differently. We seek out people with unique backgrounds, unique skillsets and unique perspectives who want to help shape what’s next.
The plant systems electrical engineer will provide engineering and project management for maintaining and improving Great River Energy (GRE) generation facilities.
A typical starting range for this position is $73,000 - $126,000+ annually. We offer market competitive base pay and adjust our offer accordingly based upon the value of the candidate’s knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition, our Total Rewards strategy focuses on recognizing individual performance and rewarding business results. Our robust Total Rewards package includes exceptional benefits and retirement, a focus on continuous engagement, recognition, personal and professional development, and an emphasis on work-life effectiveness.
Responsibilities: Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to
· Create and develop concepts, plans and specifications for proper design, construction, and operation of new and existing plant equipment or other assigned projects.
· Perform work involving complex or novel assignments requiring the development of new or improved techniques and procedures to develop new or refined equipment, materials, process, products, or methods.
· Manage projects by working directly with scheduling, purchasing, and contractors to ensure accurate, economic, and timely completion.
· Investigate and evaluate equipment failures and minor system changes to maintenance and operational procedures and practices to achieve optimum system and equipment performance.
· Provide technical support services, including researching specific requirements, preparing cost estimates, contributing to design decision, determining procedures for obtaining qualified contractors and awarding contracts, obtaining field measurements, and performing calculations as needed to support engineering activities.
· Assist with equipment inspections during unit outages to provide analysis and technical assessments.
· Perform work involving a number of projects of major scope and importance. Conceive, plan and conduct research in problem areas of considerable scope and complexity and develop new designs or techniques to improve optimum plant efficiencies.
Qualifications: Knowledge typically acquired through a Bachelor of Science degree in electrical engineering. FE or PE desirable.
Apply: Qualified candidates please apply at www.greatriverenergy.com (under the Careers tab) by January 31, 2024. GRE values diversity, equity and inclusion and we are an equal employment opportunity employer.
Position Electrical EngineerLocation US:ND:Spiritwood | Engineering | Full-TimeReq ID null