Sumter Utilities Crew Foreman UG in Southern Region, Maryland
Sumter Utilities, Inc. (a Quanta Services company) seeks Crew Foremen for Underground Distributionconstruction work.
Successful candidates will possess existing experience leading an underground construction crew or long-term experience as a senior crew member able to demonstrate readiness to grow into a greater role. Existing experience in underground excavation, boring, drilling and terminating are required. We are happy to consider those with experience in other underground utility work such as gas, cable, phone, telecom, water & sewer, etc. Preference may also be given to candidates who are able to bring along additional qualified candidates to form entire work crews.
SAFETY IS A CORE VALUE FOR OUR COMPANY so substantial weight will be given in the selection process to candidates demonstrating their shared commitment to safe operations.
We offer competitive wages, paid vacation and holidays, a full benefit package including Health, Dental, Vision, Optional Critical Care Insurance, LifeLock Identity Protection and both Company Paid & Supplemental Life Insurance as well. Benefits are available the 1st day of the next month following hire date. We also offer a 401k Retirement Savings Plan with a substantial company match.
After 6 months of employment, employees are eligible to apply for entry into SUI's DOL Certified 4-Year Apprenticeship Program. (Must have a HS Diploma or equivalent and CDL.)
Possession of a valid Class A CDL is HIGHLY PREFERRED. Those hired without a CDL may be required to obtain within 90 days of employment.
Sumter Utilities Inc. is an Equal Opportunity - Drug & Alcohol Free Workplace EmployerNOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as requested to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
• Provide direct supervision & technical guidance to Linemen, Equipment Operators and Groundmen performing maintenance & construction on underground utility projects.
• PROFICIENT in reading and interpreting site plans, construction prints/drawings and scopes of work.
• PROFICIENT in safe operation of heavy equipment such as backhoes, trenchers, mini-excavators, etc.
• Have total commitment to Safety and Compliance. Able to effectively communicate, demonstrate and enforce requirements & best practices.
• Possess advanced understanding of compliance with OSHA Shoring & Trenching standards.
• Must be able to effectively lead and record Job Task Safety Analysis (JTSA) meetings.
• Must have a quality work ethic and be committed to optimal Customer Service. • Responsible for coordinating essential personnel on-site for the project to include crew mobilization, subcontractors, traffic control, etc. • Possess comfort level with using new technologies (mobile devices/apps) or show willingness to learn. Such tools are bringing Jobsite access to improved information and efficiencies. • Efficiently manage all supplies, materials and equipment necessary to complete assigned work. • Assist with planning, directing and budget activities concerned with the completion of underground line construction projects. • Communicate directly with General Foremen, Superintendents, Construction Managers, Project Managers, Line Crews and other project personnel as required. • Understand and follow detailed construction schedules. • Possess High School Diploma or Equivalency. • Able to coordinate & collaborate effectively with multiple levels within company...from fellow field professionals to back office support functions. • Willing to travel and work away from home. • Must be able to communicate effectively, demonstrate & encourage teamwork skills and able to understand, comprehend, and follow directions in the workplace.
• Be willing/able to work additional hours, when required. • Be willing/able to travel long distances on short notice, when required.
The employee is required to sit; frequently climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, bend, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or maneuver up to 40 pounds and occasionally lift and/or maneuver up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Work is primarily performed outdoors so physical exposure to often extreme weather conditions, animals and insects and other outdoor hazards is unavoidable and required.
Job LocationsUS-MD-Southern Region
Job ID 2020-1320
of Openings 10
Category Lineman Level Energized