Eversource Energy Supervisor, Technical Operations Engineering, Gas System Operations in Southborough, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)Role and Scope of Position:
Supervises internal and external field work crews and engineering personnel engaged in the design, maintenance, and construction of Gas System Operations infrastructure. Provides direction and priorities for the execution of field controls, field measurement, and traceability of interfaces. Provides supervision of fieldwork activities, performance measurement, coaching, safety adherence, mentoring and various administration duties. May, as assigned, serve as team or project leader for unique/special system assignments related to the Gas Control Room management plan.
- Provides direction and sets priorities for internal and external field work crews and engineering personnel to ensure safe and reliable Gas operations.
- Responsible for the design and installation of technical components as needed to minimize risk and improve safety and reliability.
- Responsible for providing complete, accurate and timely work packages.
- Plans and organizes the field workload through accurate coordination and scheduling, with internal and external field labor resources. Monitors current and future workload to ensure plans and schedules maximize productivity, control costs and meet or exceeds service level agreements. Coordinates resources required to complete processes or projects.
- Adheres to Gas system operations strategies, design constructability and installation best practices to ensure safe and reliable system operations customer service.
- Collaborates with internal and external technical Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) on multiple, complex projects providing focused project deliverables (i.e., Safety, customer focus, technology, reliability, design standards, costs and schedule).
- Coordinates with internal and external stakeholders to restore critical Gas system infrastructure.
- Ensures development of documentation for critical Gas field components and system installation maintenance packages & as-builts.
- Responsible for SCADA, Human Machine Interface (HMI) wire frame schematic design creation, field documentation and QA.
- Responsible for ensuring analysis and execution of repairs of field electro-mechanical equipment as needed and dispatched by Gas Control.
- Responsible for procurement of materials and equipment for Gas System Operations objectives.
- Supervision of team resources on the installation, analysis and programming of field PLCs (Programmable Logic Controller) and coordination with SCADA Engineers to maintain remote control and SCADA system integrity.
- Ensures the safety of personnel by taking direct preventive measures, conducting effective safety meetings and briefs, ensuring all related standards, rules and laws are understood and followed.
- Adheres to Eversource’s policies and procedures to ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations and codes. Ensures that work is performed in accordance with appropriate Company standards and work methods including monitoring for a high quality of workmanship and productivity.
- Supports the commitment to Eversource’s mission, strategy and values.
- Creates documentation for system operations.
May be required to work extended hours to support project needs.
Formulates Eversource technical positions and recommends company policies and standards on various issues within expertise. May require presentations to senior management.
Provides technical and time allocation estimates for business needs and budget forecasting.
- Requires practical knowledge and experience maintaining, operating and troubleshooting field measurement, controls and electro-mechanical critical Gas Control field asset infrastructure.
- Requires knowledge of utility constructability, Gas distribution system design, operations, maintenance, construction principles and practices, safety standards and business processes. Also requires project and schedule management skills including computerized work and materials management and scheduling tools.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret information in order to propose decisions with respect to the specific area of the position in solving highly complex problems.
- Requires strong supervisory skills, project and schedule management skills including computerized work and materials management and scheduling tools.
- Ability to grasp concepts, analyze technical information, determine facts and make well thought out recommendations/decisions.
- Requires excellent communications, interpersonal, conflict resolution and teamwork skills.
- Knowledge of energy physics processes. Knowledge in the area of energy and energy distribution preferred.
- Knowledge of 49 CRF Part 192 code preferred.
Ability to read GIS mapping systems and an understanding of Gas pressure and flow relationships, remote telemetering and control.
Thorough knowledge of federal, state and local regulatory criteria, industry codes, and standards applicable to the specific area of expertise.
- Ability to provide work direction to others, assume authority and be assertive.
- Ability to read and analyze industrial drawings.
- Knowledge of cyber security and critical systems protocols preferred.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering
- Minimum of five (5) to ten (10) years related experience
- Requires technical knowledge in the area of data transport communications systems
Licenses & Certifications:
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT as necessary.
Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
Work is conducted outside, in varied conditions and terrain including adverse weather conditions, and in a normal office environment.
- Work requires sitting, walking, standing, stair climbing, completion of paperwork, using a telephone and computer, and attending meetings. Drives to various job site locations to coordinate and provide oversight of work, and review construction job requirements. Off-hour on-call responsibility may be required. At times, requires working long hours in response to situations.
This position is categorized as safety-sensitive for the purpose of drug testing. Successful applicants shall be subject to a pre-assignment drug test if the individual is currently in a non-safety sensitive position. As an employee in this position, the individual shall be subject to random drug testing. A positive drug test will result in disciplinary action.
Mental Aspects :
- Work includes calculating, comparing, editing, evaluating, interpreting, organizing, consulting, analyzing, planning, designing, documenting, specifying, coordinating, implementing, presenting, etc.
- This role works in an environment that often requires the performance of multiple simultaneous activities, where deadlines need to be met and work is performed under pressure while involving significant business commitments and results.
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Communicate priorities and goals (company, department, team)
- Show how employee’s work fits in
- Provide business updates, news
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Role model honesty/integrity in communication and action
- Balance “getting results” with concern for individual needs
- Have honest dialogue with employees; get to know them
Manage and Develop People
- Set realistic performance objectives and expectations
- Give ongoing, honest feedback; coach for success
- Recognize good performance
- Visit crews in the field
- Remove obstacles to day-to-day performance
- Provide tools, information, training
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Encourage cooperation/remove obstacles between work groups/departments
- Encourage collaboration/peers helping peers
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Ask for employee input on work process/practice improvements and before implementing change that will affect them
- Encourage ideas
- Deliver effective, positive communications about change to your team
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to successfully implement changes in priorities and work processes
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
Focus on the Customer
- Ensure that everyone on the team understands our customer promise and provides superior customer service
- Be a role model for the team on delivering superior customer service
Please submit a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs