Eversource Energy Supervisor, Point to Point and Commissioning, Gas Control in Southborough, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)This position reports directly to the Senior Supervisor, Gas Control. Serves as the Gas System authority that schedules, authorizes, commissions all new data points and verifies existing data points including safety related with Field and SCADA resources under the Eversource Gas Control Room Management Plan. These activities provide for safe and reliable delivery of natural gas to customers by operating the distribution systems within the limits of applicable Federal, State, and Company codes and standards. Responsible to ensure successful point-to-point verifications between SCADA displays and related field equipment as indicated in 49 CFR 192.631(c). This position will develop all documentation, tracking material, and measures and metrics to ensure alignment with CRM compliance and the Gas Business Capital Plan. Assist the on-shift System Supervisor in their day to day ‘System Quarterback’ role responsible for providing oversight, work authorizations, and supervision for the Gas System, ensuring safe operation of the gas distribution system.
- Responsible for the execution, documentation, and tracking of the Gas Control annual safety related points list under OM 441.
- Directs I&R Field Personnel to perform SCADA point-to-points when required; directs field personnel to make system changes.
- Provides authorization for planned and unplanned field calibrations under OM 140.
- Coordinates SCADA point commissioning and point-to-point activities with Field Work Coordinators and I&R personnel.
- Responsible for the commissioning of all new field data points.
- Assists SCADA Engineers and I&R personnel with SCADA data point lineouts.
- Tracks Gas Business Capital Work Plan and maintaining a strict schedule of work.
- Develops and continuously improves documentation for tracking of all point-to-point verifications and commissioning’s.
- Develops business measures and metrics to capture workload and efficiency.
- Responsible for the development and continuous improvement of Gas Control training for all new data points and field assets.
- Approves and executes Job Specific Procedures (JSP’s) impacting remote SCADA points and field assets.
- Collaborates with Gas Engineering and I&R to develop appropriate asset based JSP’s when required.
- Responsible for the development of the Alarm Management plan specific for a JSP when required.
- Supports Gas Control operation and activities with on-shift System Supervisor.
- Reports Abnormal Operating Conditions to appropriate personnel in accordance with CRM.
- Logs all pertinent shift activity in electronic logbook and perform shift turnover per CRM.
- Ensures field personnel are following CRM based procedures including point-to-point verifications and three-part communication.
Participates in Field Training opportunities.
May be assigned to work 12 hour rotating shifts to cover a System Supervisor vacancy or to support business continuity and loss of SCADA plans.
- Requires a high degree of technical knowledge in the area of natural gas transmission, distribution system configuration, and gas regulator station/SCADA system operations.
- Must possess excellent communication skills, the ability to read mapping systems
- Understanding of gas pressure and flow relationships, remote telemetering and control, LNG operations,
- Understanding of applicable Federal and State codes
- Microsoft Office, Lotus Notes, and GIS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business-related Discipline, equivalent degree or equivalent work experience
- Five (5) plus years related work experience in an operational/managerial environment
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
- This position is categorized as safety-sensitive for the purpose of drug testing. Successful applicants shall be subject to a pre-assignment drug test if the individual is currently in a non-safety sensitive position. As an employee in this position the individual shall be subject to random drug testing. A positive drug test will result in disciplinary action.
- Work is performed primarily in an office environment which involves sitting, standing, and general movement throughout the office area.
Mental Aspects :
- Must have excellent work management, prioritization skills, and the ability to communicate between multiple departments and companies.
- Must possess the ability to read and understand plans, schematics, and GIS systems.
Eversource offers a competitive total rewards program. The annual salary range for this position is $105,000 to $110,000, plus incentive. Salary is commensurate with your experience. Check out the career site for an overview of our benefits.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs