Eversource Energy Supervisor, Meter Reading & Field Operations in Southborough, Massachusetts
Job Description Summary:
The Supervisor, Meter Reading & Field Operations plans, schedules, coordinates and supervises all Field Meter and Meter Reading activities in an assigned area of responsibility, which may include multiple area work centers, depending on work center size. The Supervisor, Meter Reading & Field Operations maintains up-to-date proficiency in all aspects of electric metering, including current technologies. This role ensures continual field training to facilitate development of Field Meter and Meter Reading personnel and ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Plans, schedules and supervises reading of meters and special reads to ensure accurate and timely customer billing. Coordinates with other departments to provide special readings.
- Works closely with the Company’s Credit department and the operations groups on the effective scheduling of field collection activities including shut-off for non-payment orders (SONP), warrants, field investigations and other field meter activities.
- Ensures achievement of annual goals and prudent control of field meter/meter reading budget.
- Initiates prompt resolution of meter reading issues that affect billing. Reviews and analyzes system generated reports for meter reading problems, route status and missed reads.
- Monitors meter reading route times and implements rerouting to maintain compliance with established Company standards and to improve efficiency.
- Assists in the development and implementation of policies and procedures with respect to field meter and/or meter reading work.
- Maintains and tracks employee and department performance via reports specific to meter reading, field meter activities and collections.
- Ensure that Company standards, policies and procedures, and State Regulations are followed.
- Coordinates and effectively resolves field investigations and customer complaints regarding meter reading or collection problems. May require face to face contact with irate customers.
- Supports the Revenue Assurance group and coordinates field resources and activities as needed.
- Performs and documents field observations to monitor safety and work performance of field meter personnel.
- Oversees accident reports and investigations to assure they are done timely, accurately and with appropriate follow up measures.
- Administers and oversees Field Meter progression testing, annual appraisals and individual coaching/training.
- Interviewing applicants and recommending hiring or transfer. Recommending promotions, demotions and discipline.
- Supervise and schedule the maintenance of Company fleet vehicles.
- Ensures the accuracy, integrity, and security of all customer information, customer records and company equipment.
- Examines and approves daily time and vehicle sheets; checks for correct completion of assigned work and to make sure proper accounting procedures are used.
- Keeps Manager informed and updated on all important aspects of day to day activities as required.
- Will have storm restoration and emergency assignments.
Technical Knowledge/Skills: Thorough knowledge of systems utilized for customer billing, credit, meter reading, field work orders and other daily work tasks. Working knowledge of union contracts and labor relations policies and procedures. Excellent verbal and written communications skills. Ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization. Ability to deal effectively with irate customers and/or sensitive customer or employee situations.
Education: Associate's degree in Business, Liberal arts, Engineering or the equivalent experience.
Experience: A minimum of six (6) to (8) eight years of experience in a customer service or meter related field.
Prior supervisory experience preferred.
Licenses & Certifications: A valid driver's license.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor