Eversource Energy Supervisor, Integrated Planning & Scheduling in Southborough, Massachusetts
Job Description Summary:
This position is responsible for implementing the integrated master schedule and resource plan for all Substation/Transmission and Distribution Capital, Maintenance and Reliability Projects under the responsibility of Electric Operations at NSTAR. This position provides master scheduling for district operations, Vegetation and Conduit, Substation Operations or Major Projects. This position is also responsible for the overall data integrity and adherence to scheduling standards. Maintains cost templates, activity models and historical data to provide accurate estimates and forecasts. Works with district/substation management and Centralized Resource Planning to ensure that the required workload is completed in the most efficient and cost-effective manner. Adheres to prescribed timeframes for all capital, maintenance and compliance workload to maximize the productivity of district/substation operations. Responsible for monitoring district performance through utilization analyses. Participates in the supervisory on-call rotation.
2. Essential Functions:
- Maintains and implements the master work schedules for district operations, Vegetation and Conduit, Substation Operations or Major Projects.
- Maintains data for the global templates used to create schedules and forecasts of future resource requirements. Tracks historical costs and durations for continuous improvement of work plan estimates.
- Works with the Senior Scheduling Supervisors and district/substation management to provide contingency plans for rebalancing the workload.
- Monitors current and future workload to ensure district plans and schedules maximize productivity, control costs and meet or exceeds service level agreements (SLA’s).
- Monitors district performance through analysis of manpower utilization and workload trends and productivity. Keeps district/substation management informed of results.
- Identifies, develops and implements work process and best practices for overall planning and scheduling.
- Responsible for the integrity of data input into work management systems and operating databases.
Technical Knowledge/Skill: Requires expert level project and schedule management skills, including knowledge of scheduling tool, Primavera 5 or better. Also requires knowledge of Construction Principles and Practices, Operations, Maintenance, Safety Standards and Business Processes. Requires working knowledge of labor contracts. Ability to use PC desktop applications (e.g. Microsoft Word and Excel).
Education/Experience: Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business Administration or related discipline, and a minimum of three (3) years experience in scheduling and project controls plus three (3) years of experience in Transmission, Distribution, and/or Field Service design and/or installation, servicing customers and supervising employees; OR
Associate’s Degree in Engineering, Business Administration or related discipline, and a minimum of five (5) years experience in scheduling and project controls plus five (5) years of experience in Transmission, Distribution, and/or Field Service design and/or installation, servicing customers, and supervising employees; OR
Minimum of seven (7) years experience in scheduling and project controls and seven (7) years in Transmission, Distribution, and/or Field Service design and/or installation, servicing customers and supervising employees.
Licenses & Certifications: Massachusetts Drivers License, D.O.T. preferred.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor