Eversource Energy Supervisor, Electric Operations Control Room in Southborough, Massachusetts
Supervises the 24/7 Dispatch System Operations Center (SOC) staff, plans, coordinates, directs and supervises switching and tagging; writing, checking and issuing clearances; monitoring of loads, emergency restoration and associated reporting for the electric distribution system. Supervises the dispatch of Eversource personnel to outage, trouble and emergency calls on the Eversource electric distribution system. Supervises and coordinates the above activities within the SOC and in coordination with the Electric Service and Electric Field Operations departments as needed. Serves as switching director as assigned.
- Monitors, operates and maintains electronic dispatch system including the operation of SCADA equipment.
- Plans, writes, checks, approves, directs, issues clearances/permissions and monitors orders for switching, grounding and tagging instructions for the distribution system.
- Receives OMS outage and non-outage events and trouble calls from the customer call center, analyzes the problem and initiates corrective action including dispatch and of personnel in accordance with established procedures. Directs corrective action as required by timing or circumstances, and informs appropriate system personnel (customer service center, T&D staff, engineering, management etc.) of problems on the electric distribution system and associated restoration progress.
- Monitors load and voltages on circuits and substation equipment during switching and peak periods to assure loading parameters are not exceeded.
- Supports the emergency disaster plan as required and assists at other regional operation centers during emergency storm restoration as assigned.
- Monitors SCADA, substation, system alarms.
- Supervises SOC switching requirements between system dispatchers and field personnel for assigned shift.
- Prepares, disseminates, and maintains the assigned regional operations center records and reports in support of system operations (i.e., circuit and equipment loads, nomenclature, interruption reports, emergency contact telephone numbers for governmental agencies, large customers, other utilities, and others).
- Coordinates with Eastern MA Black Start and emergency load shedding in accordance with current Operating Procedures/Guides.
Supports the Manager and/or Senior Supervisor to ensure the workload of the shift and all applicable system configurations and risks are discussed for preparation purposes, as well as proper notification if daily workload cannot be accomplished on the assigned shift.
Trains new dispatchers including assisting in On the Job Training (OJT) for OMS class instruction and switching and tagging procedures.
Operates PC based and mainframe applications.
Coordinates dispatching activities with appropriate Eversource personnel and outside personnel (i.e., other utilities, government agencies, including: police, fire, Department of Environmental Protection, US Coast Guard’s National Response Center, large customer’s plant engineers, etc.)
- Subject to on-call duty.
- Position is responsible to plan and schedule shift coverage, ensuring the safe and reliable operation of the Distribution System, while controlling costs.
- Position is responsible to review distribution system events and ensure proper reporting.
- Communicates new and updated policies and procedures while ensuring compliance.
- Supervises the safe and efficient restoration of Distribution System outages.
- Knowledge of utility Transmission and Distribution system design, operations, maintenance, and construction principles and practices, safety standards and business processes.
- Planning and organizational skills, project and schedule management skills including computerized trouble, work and materials management and scheduling tools.
- Ability to function under stress of emergency situations for extended periods of time.
- Thorough knowledge of the switching and tagging procedures
- Thorough knowledge of electric distribution system operations.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable PC-based and mainframe applications (e.g.) Microsoft Word and Excel).
- Working knowledge of labor contracts.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with various levels of the organization and outsiders involved with electric distribution operations.
- Ability to analyze electric distribution system problems and act accordingly.
- Ability to effectively supervise and direct the work of others.
- This position will require 24/7 shift rotation coverage.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business Administration or related discipline plus five (5) years of experience in Dispatch, Transmission, Distribution, Generation and/or Field Service design and/or installation, servicing customers, supervising employees and change management to improve service/performance OR
Associate degree in Engineering, Business Administration or related discipline plus seven (7) years of experience Dispatch, Transmission, Distribution, Generation and/or Field Service design and/or installation, servicing customers, supervising employees and change management to improve service/performance; OR
Minimum of nine (9) years in Dispatch, Transmission, Distribution, Generation and/or Field Service design and/or installation, servicing customers, supervising employees and change management to improve service/performance.
- A minimum of 5-10 years of related electrical utility experience.
- Supervisory experience is preferred.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Must pass required pre-employment testing.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Eversource offers a competitive total rewards program. The annual salary range for this position is $120,100.00to $133,440.00, plus incentive. Salary is commensurate with your experience. Check out the career site for an overview of benefits.
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs