Eversource Energy Supervisor, Damage Prevention (MA) in Southborough, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)Eversource Energy is the largest Energy delivery company in New England. We support over 3.6 million Gas and Electric customers across CT, MA, and NH. Be a part of our mission to deliver reliable energy and superior customer service. ENERGY- BRINGS US TOGETHER!!
We are seeking an individual who can provide direct supervision and monitoring of Eversource Energy’s Damage Prevention Program for Massachusetts Gas Operations. Involves integrated planning, scheduling and execution of facility locating activities, performance measurement and benchmarking, coaching/training, safety adherence, implementing best practices, establishing metrics, and driving performance improvements. Extensive communication with customers, community officials, excavators, and Eversource Energy personnel regarding all aspects of damage prevention
- Oversees all aspects of the damage prevention and compliance program forMassachusettsGas Operations including the supervision of personnel performing facility locating activities.
- Monitors, analyzes and reports on compliance performance with Federal and State excavation laws/regulations for both internal and external parties.
- Assists with investigations and data collection used for regulatory reporting of damage and compliance performance metrics.
- Maintains and monitor databases related to damages and billing to recover damage costs.
- Develops relationships with internal and external stakeholders to obtain and share information that will benefit Eversource Energy.
- Supervises implementation of best practices for public awareness, field execution, employee training, work processes and documentation.
- Understands and complies with labor contracts, works to resolve initial grievances, and initiates appropriate disciplinary action when required.
Ensures all work is conducted in a manner consistent with the Eversource Energy’s safety and quality standards as well as Federal and State regulatory requirements.
Work involves calculating, comparing, technical writing, editing, planning, evaluating, interpreting, organizing, consulting, analyzing, designing, documenting, specifying, coordinating, training, implementing, and presenting.
- Requires thorough knowledge of damage prevention techniques, legislation, utility locating practices and industry trends.
- Knowledge of design and construction of gas distribution facilities as well as the codes and regulations that govern the operation and maintenance of the gas distribution system.
- Able to analyze multiple sources of data and see relationships/patterns/trends, identifying root causes or consequences and implications.
- Takes personal responsibility for correcting problems promptly in an un-defensive manner.
- Strong communication (written and oral), conflict resolution and teamwork skills.
- Proficient in the use Microsoft Office Products (Excel, Word & PowerPoint).
- Experience and proficiency with relevant company related IT systems.
- Working knowledge of the labor contracts.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business Administration or related discipline or equivalent experience
- Five (5) plus years of experience in utility locating and/or gas facilities construction.
- Supervisory experience
Licenses & Certifications:
- Valid drivers’ License, D.O.T. preferred
- Work is performed in a mix of office and field environments which requires sitting, standing, and general movement throughout the area along with moderate lifting of equipment (<50lbs).
- Will require visiting multiple locations on a frequent basis.
- Attends to problems in off-hours and for extended periods, if necessary.
- This position is categorized as safety-sensitive for the purpose of drug testing. Successful applicants shall be subject to a pre-assignment drug test if the individual is currently in a non-safety sensitive position. As an employee in this position the individual shall be subject to random drug testing. A positive drug test will result in disciplinary action.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
- Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Communicate priorities and goals (company, department, team)
Manage and Develop People
- Set realistic performance objectives and expectations
Focus on the Customer
- Ensure that everyone on the team understands our customer promise and provides superior customer service
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs