Eversource Energy Senior Specialist, Emergency Preparedness - First Responder Trainer in Southborough, Massachusetts
This position is responsible for Emergency Preparedness & Public Safety First Responder Training program design & optimization related to the Eversource All Hazards Emergency Response Plan (AHERP) and Emergency Response Plans (ERP). Responsibilities include the training of municipal fire, police and medical first responders; deployment, utilization and user maintenance of emergency response vehicles; integration and deployment of technology, data base maintenance, development and use of related documentation and development of and coordination of associated training and exercises. This position is expected to lead initiatives interfacing with personnel across the organization and contributes to ensuring an integrated, optimized, consistent initiation and implementation of Eversource’s emergency plans. Assists during such emergencies in an emergency role, as needed.
- Leads the development, implementation and improvements to the Public Safety First Responder training program.
- Primary trainer for municipal public safety personnel on natural gas emergency response.
- Leads the development, optimization and implementation of processes and strategies to achieve efficient and effective restoration of service and communication during emergencies on the Eversource transmission, electric distribution and gas distribution systems.
- Leads upgrades and modifications to designated sections of the AHERP, ERP and Business Continuity Management Plans.
- Leads in the development of change management strategies and tactical plans and implementation of new processes across the Eversource organization.
- Leads, as a project manager, cross-functional teams in related large-scale process improvement initiatives.
- Leads change management training / drill development and execution.
- Develops and maintains clear, concise documentation of procedures / descriptions and job aids.
- Ensures that emergency plans are compliant with regulatory requirements.
- Maintains various data bases associated with EP.
- Strong project management skills and a thorough understanding of transmission and both gas & electric distribution issues and related activities within the utility industry.
- In-depth knowledge of fire service operations and first responder incident response operations is preferred.
- Requires practical knowledge of strategic and tactical planning and familiarity with emergency operations including the NIMS, Incident Command System (ICS).
- Requires excellent communications, facilitation and presentation skills and the ability to lead cross-functional teams.
- Requires experience in process design, process design software, publishing of related documentation and familiarization with training development and delivery.
- Requires a Bachelor of Science Degree in Fire Science, Emergency Management, Business, related discipline or equivalent experience.
- MS in Fire Science, Emergency Management or MBA preferred.
- Fire and Emergency Services Instructor preferred.
- A minimum of five (5) years related experience in operations and emergency planning is required.
- Five (5) plus years Fire Service is preferred.
- Previous experience as a Fire Department Lieutenant or Higher preferred.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Project Management Certification preferred.
- Valid Motor Vehicle License required. CDL-A or ability to earn CDL-A is strongly preferred.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Eversource offers a competitive total rewards program. The annual salary range for this position is $105,320.00to $117,020.00, plus incentive. Salary is commensurate with your experience. Check out the career site for an overview of benefits.
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Thi s position is categorized as safety-sensitive for the purpose of drug testing. Successful applicants shall be subject to a pre-assignment drug test if the individual is currently in a non-safety sensitive position. As an employee in this position the individual shall be subject to random drug testing. A positive drug test will result in disciplinary action.
Mental Aspects :
- Must be available to work under emergency conditions.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs