Eversource Energy Senior Engineer, Gas Control and System Operations in Southborough, Massachusetts
Role and Scope of Position:
Under minimal supervision, performs or assists in projects that impact Gas Control including the design, procurement, installation and testing of systems and devices that will repair, replace, improve or increase the Gas Business organization’s physical assets and provide system requirements and regulatory compliance. May, as assigned, serve as team or project leader for unique / special system assignments related to the Control Room Management Plan.
- Designs systems or installations to fit the Company’s objectives, with some latitude for independent action and decision making, conforming to industry standards, guidelines and regulations of federal, state and local authorities.
- Provides design and review of technical operations training
- Provides design and review of programing for the gas SCADA system
- Specifies and procures materials and equipment, coordinates in-house and contract labor to install and test new installations in a timely fashion with input from vendors, engineers and Company departments.
- Develops and maintains procedures to ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations and codes.
- Provides technical and financial support to upper management for future needs and budget allocations.
- Supports values and commitment to Eversource’s mission, strategy and values. Provides direction or assistance in carrying out assignments. Coordinates resources required to complete processes or projects.
- Utilizes fundamental gas flow equations and hydraulic software to design or recommend changes to existing gas piping systems.
- Formulates Eversource technical positions and recommends company policies and standards on various issues within expertise.
- Provides both technical guidance and training for less experienced personnel.
- Represents Eversource on various industry and professional society committees and working groups.
- May be required to work extended hours and shifts to support 24hr 365 business needs.
Requires theoretical and conceptual knowledge of discipline to develop and evaluate a process, procedure or regulatory requirements in the gas control business. Also requires an understanding of Company structure and business practices to implement procedures.
Initiative and aggressiveness to search out problem areas, creativity to devise technically sound solutions and confidence to make technical decisions in solving complex problems based largely on own effort with little or no supervision.
- Possess highly developed communications skills, i.e., ability to write clearly and concisely, make presentations before senior management, ability to discuss ideas and be persuasive, and be able to work effectively with all levels within ES, governmental agencies and other outside organizations.
- Thorough knowledge of federal, state and local regulatory criteria, industry codes, and standards applicable to the specific area of expertise.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret information in order to propose decisions with respect to the specific area of the position in solving highly complex problems.
- Ability to grasp concepts, analyze technical information, determine facts and make well thought out recommendations/decisions.
- Requires technical knowledge in the area of natural gas systems. Should possess excellent communication skills, the ability to read mapping systems and an understanding of gas pressure and flow relationships, remote telemetering and control, applicable Federal and State codes, LNG operations, Microsoft Office and GIS.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related engineering discipline
- Minimum of five to eight (5–8) years of related experience
Licenses & Certifications:
This position is categorized as safety-sensitive for the purpose of drug testing. Successful applicants shall be subject to a pre-assignment drug test if the individual is currently in a non-safety sensitive position. As an employee in this position the individual shall be subject to random drug testing. A positive drug test will result in disciplinary action.
Compensation and Benefits:
Eversource offers a competitive total rewards program. The annual salary range for this position is $103660.00 to $115180.00, plus incentive. Salary is commensurate with your experience. Check out the career site for an overview of our benefits.
- Work is performed in both an office and field environment which requires standing, sitting, walking, climbing stairs or terrain. Job can require lifting/carrying of test equipment, adjusting, connecting, pulling, operating, etc.
Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Mental Aspects :
- Work includes calculating, comparing, editing, evaluating, interpreting, organizing, consulting, analyzing, planning, designing, documenting, specifying, coordinating, implementing, presenting, etc.
- This role works in an environment that often requires the performance of multiple simultaneous activities, where deadlines need to be met and work is performed under pressure while involving significant business commitments and results.
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Know the business plan and how your role connects to it
- Identify problems, issues; take responsibility for resolution
- Set high standards for self; deliver quality performance
- Raise ideas for improvement
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Follow through on commitments made to manager, colleagues, and customers.
- Address difficult or controversial issues and encourage others to do the same.
- Have honest dialogue with others
Manage and Develop People
- Set performance goals that align with department and company goals
- Meet regularly with your supervisor/manager to discuss your performance
- Seek opportunities to develop skills and gain knowledge through on the job opportunities, i.e. working on projects, attending meetings, etc.
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Work collaboratively within and across the organization to achieve “One Company” and other goals
- Recognize and address cross functional implications of your work
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Incorporate the diverse ideas and perspectives of team, colleagues, and customers in your work
- Proactively seek out opportunities to improve business performance and customer service.
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to support changes in priorities and work processes
Focus on the Customer
- Deliver superior service to our customers, both internal and external, in a reliable, attentive, courteous, quality, proactive and timely manner
Please submit a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs